Caravan Newbie(ish)

Jul 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,

Picked up my new caravan a month ago - Xplore 422, went for this as lightweight, layout we liked and fits on our drive. Previously had a Pennine Crusader folding camper for 14 years. It was getting to be too much of an effort to put up and as son no longer comes with us it was a good time to change. All the accessories got transferred from one to other, well I say all, but got rid of a load of stuff that we never used! Will be swapping small Calor gas bottle to a bigger one when it eventually runs out as the locker is bigger.

Went away in it for the weekend when we first picked it up and have found no issues with it whatsoever - this may be that the production had slowed down and they had more time for each van, ordered it back in October at the NEC - yes waited 8 months.. Dealer has been great and kept us up to date through out and handover was very thorough - they even paid for the weekend away when we picked it up.

Going away again soon, will be first time putting on awning on through a rail, been used to just zipping one on for 14 years :LOL:

Reactions: Thebossandhermaster
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Congratulations on you new toy. With awning spray rail with silicone it will making sliding it on easier. Only need to spray every few uses of awning.

Mar 17, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

Picked up my new caravan a month ago - Xplore 422, went for this as lightweight, layout we liked and fits on our drive. Previously had a Pennine Crusader folding camper for 14 years. It was getting to be too much of an effort to put up and as son no longer comes with us it was a good time to change. All the accessories got transferred from one to other, well I say all, but got rid of a load of stuff that we never used! Will be swapping small Calor gas bottle to a bigger one when it eventually runswe went for a look out as the locker is bigger.

Went away in it for the weekend when we first picked it up and have found no issues with it whatsoever - this may be that the production had slowed down and they had more time for each van, ordered it back in October at the NEC - yes waited 8 months.. Dealer has been great and kept us up to date through out and handover was very thorough - they even paid for the weekend away when we picked it up.

Going away again soon, will be first time putting on awning on through a rail, been used to just zipping one on for 14 years :LOL:
Welcome, dangerous place the NEC, We went for a look, a couple of years ago, I nipped to the loo, came out and the wife was buying our van (Weinsberg 390QD)

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Moffster Welcome to the forum any questions you will get a answer they are a great bunch on here enjoy your new caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts