Caravan Number plate

May 20, 2005
Visit site
What a palaver, had to take change of car ownership slip, 2 utility bills then he wanted my driving license, followed by form filling. I can imagine this really stops cars being nicked; criminals will not be able to get number plates, so we're all safe now.

The boat has stick on numbers, I did not need any documentation to get new letters/numbers, better watch out, now that criminals can't steal cars they'll turn to boats.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Want a number plate - no problem. The law only applies to England and Wales, loads of advertisers on e bay based in Scotland and N Ireland will supply with no questions asked. Thats government joined up thinking, cause the normal motorist aggravation - the criminal just laughs.

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Klarky that's not a bad idea design a boat that is also a caravan transporter get to where your going drop the back like a landing craft pitch the caravan then use the boat. Beats having to travel to a site then going back home for the boat.

Back to the number plate I dread to think the problems if nearing the end of a long journey the police pull you over to inform you that the number plate has fallen off, imagine the hassle of getting a new plate if all your documents are in a safe place at home, as recommended on the vehicle registration document don't keep it in the car.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, you would not have to worry too much, just remove the rear plate from your car and put it on the back of your van until you are home!

You only need plates front and rear of the combination, as it is unlikely anyone can read the plate on the car when towing anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
PaulA you can buy the stick on yellow reflective plate and letters/figures as long as you tell the retailer it is to be used for a car park reserved sign at work. I know as I had one before i retired. What you do after well, what the mind doesn't know the heart wont grieve over.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Sorry Guys, I do not see why you are complaining, after all this is 'Tony's Britian' (well someone voted for him). They consider that we must all be dishonest in one way or another so stopping us from buying number plates is a must for stopping car crime. Logical en-it?

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts