Caravan overturned on M5 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thankfully, no reports of injuries, but why oh why would someone consider it acceptable behaviour?
Reading the report the police also seized two stolen vehicles, now I wonder who could of been in this convoy The mothers union caravan club, NO, Age UK caravan club, NO, well I've no idea I wonder who,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As we all know there are always idiots who think they are beyond the Law. Here are us guys , abandoning the Woosiefest... so where we these people going to pitch up? I thought all sites were closed??

Reactions: WayneS

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Arrests in connection with stolen vehicles were made and although tourists ignoring the guidelines have been blamed on social media local reports suggest otherwise 🤔

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
As we all know there are always idiots who think they are beyond the Law. Here are us guys , abandoning the Woosiefest... so where we these people going to pitch up? I thought all sites were closed??
Personally I don't know any caravanners that steal vehicles to tow caravans, the police made three arrests and also they had two stolen vehicles, these creatures don't give monkies and don't need caravan sites just some schools football pitch,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Personally I don't know any caravanners that steal vehicles to tow caravans, the police made three arrests and also they had two stolen vehicles, these creatures don't give monkies and don't need caravan sites just some schools football pitch,
Didn’t know they were stolen

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dusty there is a group of travellers all ready in Exeter, just this week they moved from one side of the city to the other.
They could have been on the way to join up with them.
This is only my guess and my thoughts.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just plain stupid. It has to be travellers if there was a convoy. Only surprise is caravan does not look to be a Hobby.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Surprisingly everything that travellers have is not theived which is a surprise to me, at the Alconbury truck stop about twenty years ago I've witnessed a couple of times about half a dozen hobby or similar continental built caravans being brought up from the east coast ports and being transferred over to other travellers, travellers will have any caravan they can get their hands on, I know in my part of the world five twin axle caravans being taken from three different storage sites

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Just been out. The local Ford dealer has parked cars across the gate and one of them seems to have list a piece of the back bumper......

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We need to be very careful here when posting about 'travellers'.
Although the general dislike of certain groups is understandable in some respects, we have to bear in mind that itinerant communities are recognised as an ethnic group and are protected from discrimination and hate speech by the race relations legislation.
Please think before you type, don't make sweeping generalisations and don't post anything that could be interpreted as hate speech

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Par ksy. I read these threads with consternation. I spent 7 years teaching in a school that had 60% travellers and most of them were far more honest than the local house dwellers. It was a house living British child who stole the school rabbit and shoved it alive in his tray till home time. Most abhorred the idea of fr ee school meals or benefits I could go on and were happy to do a favour If treated right. Just as in all walks of life there are crooks and conversely really nice people with a proud heritage who would be horrified at this and are immaculate in every way. Main difference was they settled their differences internally!!! The good ones don't of course get the press.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Parksy. I read these threads with consternation. I spent 7 years teaching in a school that had 60% travellers and most of them were far more honest than the local house dwellers. It was a house living British child who stole the school rabbit and shoved it alive in his tray till home time. Most abhorred the idea of fr ee school meals or benefits I could go on and were happy to do a favour If treated right. Just as in all walks of life there are crooks and conversely really nice people with a proud heritage who would be horrified at this and are immaculate in every way. Main difference was they settled their differences internally!!! The good ones don't of course get the press.
Members of the travelling community are often perceived to be involved in caravan theft which directly affects members of this forum, which is why there is a degree of antipathy at times.
We don't tolerate racism however, so although this subject matter comes up from time to time we keep a close eye on it so that a valid discussion of the issues can take place, but boundaries are respected and stereotyping doesn't take place.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
we stereotype for a reason... on most things......and its usually pretty accurate
Be that as it may, the rules of this forum which everyone who joins agrees to abide by specifically cover this issue:

'Hate speech is not permitted. You may not post or distribute any content that is harmful, abusive, disparaging, racist, homophobic, sexist, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing or invasive of privacy.'

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
A few years ago,a farmer near where I live positioned 4 huge boulders in front of the entrance to his field.
3 days later,a grab lorry turned up with 7 vans behind towing caravans.
The grab lorry took about 10 minutes to move the boulders and 7 caravans followed him into the field.
They were there for about 3 weeks.
During those 3 weeks,a lot of local private dwellings had sheds,garages etc.. broken into and you can imagine the mess they left behind in the field when they departed.
Not nice people.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That's all very interesting but it has nothing to do with overturned caravans.
I think that this thread has run it's course so it's now locked
Edit: Sneaked in under the wire Kev 😉

Reactions: JezzerB
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts