Caravan security

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

First of all I'd fit some locking wheel nuts.

Clamp wise seek out one which is Gold Sold secure. Before I got the Al-ko wheel locks I used the Bulldog Centaur. Super strong and fairly easy to fit.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some newer vans have very limited clearance in the wheel arches making clamps quite difficult to fit. The alternative is a heavy duty chain and approved lock - both are available with Sold Secure ratings - and CC Insurance is happy with them. A chain is also a good deal easier to store and take with you, and may well fit a future caravan with different wheel size if you get one.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mark

Just a quick one here as Ray has pointed out, we have a twin axle and clamps are difficult so we use the chain and lock system... sold secure only takes a few seconds to fit .

I hope this helps

Sir Roger

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
MaGuard are generally considered to be the best locking wheel nuts for cars so this is what you do to get 4 cheaper than what they normally charge for 2 caravan nuts.

Remove one nut (or bolt) from the caravan and measure the length and diameter and thread etc.

Go to http://wheellockkeys.com/mcgard/e-index.php and check the list for an identical car version. Make a note of what car its used on.

Then find a dealer on ebay selling them for that car...... result... Bingo... 4 McGuard nuts cheaper than 2 inferior caravan ones.

A tip! to determine the correct thread try one on your car and in almost all cases the thread will be the same. Then check your car make model against the McGuard List for details.

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
MaGuard are generally considered to be the best locking wheel nuts for cars so this is what you do to get 4 cheaper than what they normally charge for 2 caravan nuts.

Remove one nut (or bolt) from the caravan and measure the length and diameter and thread etc.

Go to http://wheellockkeys.com/mcgard/e-index.php and check the list for an identical car version. Make a note of what car its used on.

Then find a dealer on ebay selling them for that car...... result... Bingo... 4 McGuard nuts cheaper than 2 inferior caravan ones.

A tip! to determine the correct thread try one on your car and in almost all cases the thread will be the same. Then check your car make model against the McGuard List for details.
thanks just bought a nemesis gold thanks Reg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts