Caravan security

May 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Due to pick up a new caravan on the 16/7, it will be our second van having had a used one about 8 years ago, it's a weinsberg caraone 390qd. I'm after some advice as to a good wheel lock and a hitch lock, all advice most welcome. Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Alko do a well reputed wheel lock, but it can be fiddly to fit especially without a mover. But it is secure. They also do hitch locks. Also worth a look are Milenco Wraith or Purple Line Nemesis. Both get good assessments on tests and are simpler to fit than Alko. Worth looking at the makers web sites.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Worth seeing what your dealer might offer as some will provide discounts on kit bought with new vans. Generally your insurance company will require hitch and wheel lock and maybe rear steady locks. The Alko hitch lock is a good starting point

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would check with the insurance company what they require before buying although if you go for the ALKo they will all accept this. It does need the chassis to have the hole for this so make sure the caravan has this before buying. Basically you get what you pay for so like most things the cheaper ones are far less secure.
We use a Nemisis Ultra which with the Wraith is likely to be the easiest to fit but is reasonably secure.
Many insurers do require a hitchlock as well, although frankly I doubt they are of any real use, as they do not stop the caravan being towed even when fitted. ,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts