Caravan Service Award help

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi was just asking in the community if anybody could help me with my caravan service award . I have only the service award to complete but due to ill health 2 years ago I had to drop out of exam I just really need to observe a service been done again to help me . If anybody can help you can service my caravan and I would pay for a service this would mean a lot to me thanks for reading .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to learn of your ill health but the rules of this forum strictly prohibit any promotional material on our message boards.
Any replies offering to service your caravan would be deleted with a possible membership ban for the person who broke the rules.
If you want to watch your caravan being serviced it would be best to engage the services of an approved mobile caravan service engineer, they can be found Here

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I recently used an MCEA registered technician based in Ayrshire.

If anything to go by then I cannot recommended MCEA (at all).

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The main and industry accepted source of Approved Workshops is through the Approved Workshop Scheme:
https://approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

The MCEA is a group of mobile engineers, some of which are also AWS registered but not all are.

For peace of mind and to be absolutely certain that your warranty will be protected only ever use AWS registered engineers if you do not use your dealer.If they also belong to the MCEA that is by the way.

As a fully qualified AWS engineer I have absolutely no idea what the OP is talking about.
I have never heard of a "service award", a service has to be carried out at a AWS approved workshop and is watched over by a AWS examiner.

As the candidate is following the AWS service sheet I fail to see how watching someone doing the work will help, he either knows what he is supposed to be doing, and how to do it, or not. It is that simple !!!!

This poster has asked the same question on another caravan forum, but under a different name !!!!! :eek:hmy:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian
Please can you clarify a couple of points.
My mobile engineer is AWS. He has a proper big workshop for damage / damp repairs but general annual services and minor repairs he does at my home or storage. No one watches him , but he does go through everything with me in detail after completion. Is that ok?
I suspect the OP reference to Service Awards may relate to his lack of a sticker on the drawbar to prove it’s annual service has been completed. Just my assumption?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Damian
Please can you clarify a couple of points.
My mobile engineer is AWS. He has a proper big workshop for damage / damp repairs but general annual services and minor repairs he does at my home or storage. No one watches him , but he does go through everything with me in detail after completion. Is that ok?
I suspect the OP reference to Service Awards may relate to his lack of a sticker on the drawbar to prove it’s annual service has been completed. Just my assumption?

Hi Dusty,
I he is registered with the AWS he will have completed all the relevant qualifications, such as Gas, Electrics, C&G in Caravan Engineering and taken a written exam on the workshop premises where the service is to take place and have done a full service on a donor van (usually a customers van due a service) but observed by an AWS assessor and if not up to standard he is failed and has to do the service again at another time after taking more training. AWS registered engineers are inspected every year to ensure they are up to the required standard.

As I said I have absolutely no idea what he is going on about with Service Award????? but again, he should not be asking for what he is, he should know what he is doing and if not then he needs to get a grip.

The gas qualification has to be done at one of the Gas training centres and will only give him ACoPS , to get Gas Safe he will have needed to satisfy a long list of requirements and then spend £3000 for the course.
The Electrics are arranged by the Caravan Industry Training Organisation (which is part of the NCC)

He will also need to have completed all the manufacturers training courses like Truma, Thetford etc.

The sticker is just a sticker, it has no legal merit it just looks nice !! (and that is a matter of interpretation)
It is a bit like the sticker I get for not hurting my dentist !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts