Caravan shelf

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
We have just been away in our Sterling Eccles Amethyst and I found when the bad is up at the back of the caravan there is nowhere to put stuff eg clock, glasses (reading) etc.

Does anyone know where I can get a small shelf suitable for fixing in a caravan?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Any sort of matching board could be used to make a shelf, and there are lots of different brackets to be found at B&Q for example. The difficult bit is fixing it in position.

The shelves/cupboards already in the van are usually fixed to special metal plates that are put in place during construction. Otherwise there is the wooden framework of the van, or just the wallboard.

If you ask Swift, they should be able to tell you where the wooden framework is. If you could get one end fixed into the framework you would probably be OK with the other end secured with cavity fixings through the wallboard, just remember it is not very thick/strong.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Lynne

I have used a product called Twist N Lock,it is a range of products which fix to the wall by a suction cup,have only used it in bathroom at home rather than drilling into the walls,have loo roll holder,soap dish,shower caddy etc and it sticks really well

There is a shelf in the range though not sure how big

Argos stock some pieces as does B & Q

Gill

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You can buy small shelves at any DIY retailer, and all you need to fix the shelf to the wall are some brackets, and 'hollow-fixings' which you can get from your caravan dealer - like a screw with a 'rubber-bung' which expands as you screw it up and blocks the hole. Use these when you've drilled the wall to take the brackets - but ask the dealer what size drill you need to use. They won't hold your weight up - but will hold cups of tea, glasses, books, etc.

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi thanks for all your suggestions.

Have been mooching round the shops this afternoon and found myself a small folding table that will be ideal and wont be in the way of the bathroom door, so dont need to be worrying about trying to fix anything to the wall!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have a double dinette lay out with the table that hooks over a oval tube, then we had the same problem, until I phoned and ordered the brackets that come on the table

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I never thought of using the bar that the table fixes to. Where did you get the brackets from?

Thanks

Lynne
I got mine from countryside caravans at hatfield peveral essex, they ordered them in for me and then posted them to me.no need for support under the shelf, if you make it narror.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts