caravan storage in the west midlands/staffordshire

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
hi does any one know any reasonably priced storage in the Midlands, all the ones ive found want £450/500 per yr .
having just brought our first uk based caravan i cant believe the money some people want,

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Morning.

As I did when first looking for CASSOA Gold sites, I found them to be almost the same in price. The difference then came down to convenience to where I live and the different opening times.
£450 - £500 is a little steep but if it is a CASSOA accredited site that you're after take a look on their website http://www.cassoa.co.uk/ and see what storage sites are local.

You can obviously find a non accredited CASSOA storage site and the costs will reflect this and maybe the limited security measures. It really depends on what you're after, the value of the van you have and whether your Caravan insure requires a certain level of security at the site

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chrisjkerr said:
You can obviously find a non accredited CASSOA storage site and the costs will reflect this and maybe the limited security measures. It really depends on what you're after, the value of the van you have and whether your Caravan insure requires a certain level of security at the site........

Hello Chris,

I read your response with interest, From your comment above I take that you You believe the major attractions of a Cassoa site is the better security they offer compared to the "limited security measures" of other sites.

So do I take it that you would preferentially use a Cassoa site because of of this apparent better security? Yes? In which case you believe they are selling security!

Ask yourself this, If you are using a service for what they offer, if that service fails and what they offer has not apparently worked would you be happy to be told "sorry not our problem - use your own insurance to claim"

The fact is Cassoa rely on the perception that they offer better security, and charge accordingly. You are effectively paying for the supposed security and peace of mind. Yet when a loss occurs they will not cover it, despite their systems (which you believed you were paying for) not preventing the loss.

Whilst some insurers may offer a small discount if you use a cassoa site, the discount never seems to offset the increased storage costs, so you are are actually worse off.

The Cassoa association is basically a licence to print money.

I should point out, that my views are based on my own assessment of the situation. I have never used a Cassoa site and I have never had a dispute with a Cassoa site.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It's a mystery to me why you cannot access a Cassoa contract wording on line.
Their T&Cs say no part of their website can be linked to another site such as this forum.
I wonder why :eek:hmy: :huh: :(

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
We used to store ours in a site with a single combination padlock on a wooden gate. The place was under trees and very little hard standing. The van was constantly filthy but he was cheap(er).

For a little extra we moved to Ridgeway Storage. All hard standing, secure compounds (they have a couple), mag lock entry using RFID fobs and they have a van sales company [they also sell essential items in the shop] and a service company in the same location. Washing facilities etc are available too.

In short, you get what you pay for and I can recommend RS as I know my van will be there when I go to it and as clean as I left it.

Just checked and RS are a Gold award holder on the CASSOA register.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts