Caravan Stove cooker glass hob lid Light scratches

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would be more concerned with the shakes and bumps that the lid can/ may receive during transit. It may be plausible that such everyday knocks could lead to failure. I know that on my cooker the grid comes out of the rubber mounts when I tow. I have tried renewing the mounts but to no improvement. So now I lay a tea towel between the grid and glass before travelling. This keeps the grid in place.
đź‘Ť
So far when i am towing my cooker the grid seems to be intact when we arrive at our destination ,

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately we noticed a few light scratches on our new vans cooker top . This wasn’t until it’s second trip out and only noticeable when the cooker top was lit by sunlight from its adjacent window. We know we didn’t cause the scratching but equally we realised trying to get a replacement top wasn’t going to be easy and it’s a live with it scenario.
I did try some brasso type polish and whilst this rounded of the edges of the scratches, it didn’tcut deep enough to eradicate them altogether.
I have been thinking about getting some Jewellers Rouge, as that what’s used to polish precious stones etc and could by the fact they are harder than glass it might offer a solution ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately we noticed a few light scratches on our new vans cooker top . This wasn’t until it’s second trip out and only noticeable when the cooker top was lit by sunlight from its adjacent window. We know we didn’t cause the scratching but equally we realised trying to get a replacement top wasn’t going to be easy and it’s a live with it scenario.
I did try some brasso type polish and whilst this rounded of the edges of the scratches, it didn’tcut deep enough to eradicate them altogether.
I have been thinking about getting some Jewellers Rouge, as that what’s used to polish precious stones etc and could by the fact they are harder than glass it might offer a solution ?
it looks interesting i might give it go thanks for your input

TRENDING THREADS