Caravan Waste Water Drainage

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Other kind people have posted this on here in the past, I've been meaning to get round to installing it for some time, so yesterday I popped into https://www.toolstation.com/ and bought all the items in the list (cheaper than screwfix); lovely bit of kit and so easy to set up and adapt for various scenarios.

Purchased all the bits listed in the https://caravanchronicles.com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/ article and only £13.33.

I'm delighted with it all, very lightweight, very versatile and so little cost :) .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A good piece of kit for serviced pitches. Please though don’t do what the guy in Caravan Chronicles does and give us an update on every different site, and pitches on each site that his kit has been used on. And I used to think train spotters were strange!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
A good piece of kit for serviced pitches. Please though don’t do what the guy in Caravan Chronicles does and give us an update on every different site, and pitches on each site that his kit has been used on. And I used to think train spotters were strange!
Been doing a similar Dustydog thing for years . But in fairness Sir Haggis has contributed to a good idea easily done at home. Hopefully some Newbies on here will gain the benefit :cheer:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
otherclive said:

I was going to do just that, and also compile a nationwide photovideo blog showing individual pitch numbers and the specific gradient of falls over the various lengths of pipework.

I thought about starting a members forumclub in which others could post their pitch layouts and also post updates when caravan sites altered, subtracted or added to their drainage points or altered ground levels and gradients, in fact, a national database of holes in the ground anywhere in the country that caravan waste could be discharged.

I weighed all that up against having a bottle of beer instead, the beer won :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
otherclive said:

I was going to do just that, and also compile a nationwide photovideo blog showing individual pitch numbers and the specific gradient of falls over the various lengths of pipework.

I thought about starting a members forumclub in which others could post their pitch layouts and also post updates when caravan sites altered, subtracted or added to their drainage points or altered ground levels and gradients, in fact, a national database of holes in the ground anywhere in the country that caravan waste could be discharged.

I weighed all that up against having a bottle of beer instead, the beer won :p

We shall all be eternally grateful that you are not a teetotaller.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
All very practical to drain the grey water, but where do you store the longest length of the waste pipe?
I use a 2m length of the corrugated pipe and store this in an outside locker. This keeps any unwanted smells outside of the caravan.
Regards,

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Lappy said:
All very practical to drain the grey water, but where do you store the longest length of the waste pipe?
I use a 2m length of the corrugated pipe and store this in an outside locker. This keeps any unwanted smells outside of the caravan.
Regards,

Cut the pipes to a length that will fit in your storage locker, depending on how short they are you may need to purchase additional 'in line straight' connectors, 2 extra for the 40mm diameter pipe and 1more for the 30mm diameter pipe should suffice.

1 number 40mm obtuse bend and 1 number 30mm obtuse bend in addition to the above would provide even greater versatility for you to construct such neat layouts such that you will be the envy of other campers.

Could make this a hobby, much cheaper than Lego :blink:

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
For what it's worth, I do much the same, but changed my under van plumbing to ensure absolute free flow of drain water from both sinks and shower and have only 1 outlet, much better! http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Van%20plumb%2020171118%20-2.jpg

May 11, 2017
Visit site
All we need now is more sites (especially CCC sites) to have fully serviced pitches. They've become a requirement for us if we're staying more than 2 nights as it's so much easier than hauling children to the shower blocks :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Harby said:
All we need now is more sites (especially CCC sites) to have fully serviced pitches. They've become a requirement for us if we're staying more than 2 nights as it's so much easier than hauling children to the shower blocks :)

I think that your wish may be coming true. I have been looking at some sites in the East Midlands (a nostalgia trip) and two were all serviced pitches, and as the website said "at no extra cost", but £30 per night for two inc ehu seems to me that the costs are also being borne by those who don't mind keeping their bone density levels up by emptying the grey waste. :evil:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Never been on a serviced pitch , don't wish to be on a service pitch . I don't mind going and emptying and filling the waters when it needs to be done . £3o.oo is expensive for one night stay also .

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
I have used service pitches and agree that they are convenient but not convenient enough for me to pay an extra £3 or more pounds a night extra for the privilege.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
I suffer from COPD so a service pitch is not a luxury for me, it's a must.

My wife also has COPD, she can drag the Aqua roll but I prefer to have serviced pitches. For a 2 night trip not essential, but any longer will to pay £3.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
SteveW77 said:

My wife also has COPD, she can drag the Aqua roll but I prefer to have serviced pitches. For a 2 night trip not essential, but any longer will to pay £3.
Having started roughing it in a Blacks of Greenock ridge tent now I’m retired a fully serviced pitch is a real luxury which I will gladly pay for. :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
I prefer serviced pitches these days, - 'cos I;m a lazy beggar! ;)

Ah but at the Woosiefest isn't it the priority to have a serviced pitch payed for by your Ladys and Knights. :unsure: :unsure:

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
SteveW77 said:

Apologies , if you need one , then fair enough .

There is no need to apologise, you were merely expressing your opinion and there's nothing wrong with that.

12 months ago, I would have agreed with you.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Grey13 said:
For what it's worth, I do much the same, but changed my under van plumbing to ensure absolute free flow of drain water from both sinks and shower and have only 1 outlet, much better! http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Van%20plumb%2020171118%20-2.jpg

I remember seeing that in one of your earlier postings, a great improvement over the original drainage setup, has it all proved robust from when you first installed it?, only reason I ask is that I would have used a few more pipework supports.

Not a criticism my friend, I ask because I am too much inclined to towards over-engineering things (my bad :blush: ), I think your modification was the bees-knees and very well executed.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everything is great. The best is that water disappears as if it was your home sink/shower. Really very easy to install and hook up at sites whatever you need. I tend at this stage to use fully services sites but others would be just the same. I will let you know if something falls off but "don't hold your breath" :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts