Caravan weight

Jun 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

Im trying to find out the unladen or Max gross weight of my 1972 Sprite Musketeer..its a five berth with glass windows.

I have been told its max gross weight is 851kg but see on What Tow Car they give it as 1007kg? If anyone can give any help or advice/info then I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The only way to find out the unladen weight of a caravan that old is to empty it and have it weighed on a weighbridge.

In those days a 14' caravan, as the Musketeer was, would be about 14 cwt but the only way to be sure is the rating plate, probably long since gone, or a copy of the sales brochure.

One way to get a good clue is to look at the "Maximum Load" moulded into the tyre sidewalls - you mustn't exceed that in any case.

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
The only way to find out the unladen weight of a caravan that old is to empty it and have it weighed on a weighbridge.

In those days a 14' caravan, as the Musketeer was, would be about 14 cwt but the only way to be sure is the rating plate, probably long since gone, or a copy of the sales brochure.

One way to get a good clue is to look at the "Maximum Load" moulded into the tyre sidewalls - you mustn't exceed that in any case.

i have acquired a 1985 sprite musketeer 5 berth mico weight on weight bridge is 760 kg. on closer examination i found a weight plate not on the caravan, but on the axle in the middle facing toward the tow bar 900kg................ mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts