Caravan window cracked

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi looking for advice about caravan window repairs from you knowledgeable folk out there. After an attempted break in on our caravan our side window was broken. The plastic window on the outside is intact how ever a fist sized piece of the plastic window on the inside with one of the window catches on got broken off. This piece is in one solid piece and does not affect us keeping the window shut however we tend not to open this window as obviously a piece is loose.after getting quotes for a new window which are day light robbery in my opinion ( nearly £400 for a smallish window) I was wondering if we are able to find someone who could repair it. I know there are special glues etc out there but do not feel confident trying this ourselves a repair would be better I could cope with a cosmetic visible crack in the window rather than a £400 replacement bill.
Oh and thankfully nothing was taken from the van it's just the destruction they leave behind. Van is a 2008 Bailey burgundy
Cheers all

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am rubbishy on technical stuff, you will get a better answer soon. However, have you tried a caravan breakers?
Mel

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can get a window made to your old winow as pattern from EECO Ltd.
However, they are NOT a cheap item but are less than brand new from Miriad.

If you have caravan insurance that will cover the cost of a new window, that's what caravan insurance is for!!!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
You can get a window made to your old winow as pattern from EECO Ltd.
However, they are NOT a cheap item but are less than brand new from Miriad.

If you have caravan insurance that will cover the cost of a new window, that's what caravan insurance is for!!!

I agree it is covered by insurance but there will be an excess and probably loss of a no claims bonus so make sure it is worth claiming first.

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for feedback guys don't want to claim using insurance as it will almost certainly increase future premiums will try the breakers that you listed. But was really interested if there is anyone who could fix the break in the window for now until a replacement window is found
Cheers

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot see that the window can be repaired although if the catch is replaced it will be usable.
I appreciate that £400 sounds a lot for the window but they have to be made up from scratch using exact moulds and in a matching colour as I doubt anyone actually stocks them as the demand is not high enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts