Caravan Window

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
We bought a 2006 Sterling Europa from the Burton Caravan Centre at the beginning of June this year & noticed that there was a crack in one of the side windows.

Burton Caravan Centre agreed to replace the window before we collected the caravan a week or so later, unfortunately, because (they said) the factory hadn't delivered the replacement to them in time this wasn't done, so we agreed that that they would send the replacement to us for me to replace.

Because we live in France & they said the packaging wasn't sufficient for 'export shipping' we agreed that they could send it to our son in the UK for me to pick up later.

The window was eventually delivered a couple of weeks ago & I picked it up a couple of days later.

On opening the box after getting it back to France a few days later I discovered the window was broken but there was no real damage to the box.

Burton Caravan Centres response has been "The window was sent out and the person who signed for it, signed that the goods were not damaged as this is the case we cannot go to the delivery company and clame that the goods are damaged when they have been signed for. There for we have supplided the window that we said we would do. I can only suggest now that you make a clame on your insurance".

A valid but completely unacceptable response, I guess that they have our (not insignificant amount of) money, so are adopting the typical 'caravan industry customer service'attitude of 'stuff the customer'

Anyone any idea how much a replacement side window (the ones near the front of the caravan) costs ?

Regards

'caravan industry customer service', an oxymoron if there ever was one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts