caravanning in france

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, can anyone recommend a family site between Rosscoff and La Rochelle?

We are a family of five the kids are aged 12, 10, and 9 so we need a site near a beach with full entertainment and swimming pools. also its our first trip abroad so I'd ideally like some ware that's easy to get to!

Thanks Phil.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Try Eurocamp Independent, we have used them most years for the last 17years. They may not always be the cheapest but their descriptions of the sites they use are usually very accurate and they offer a full booking service. We have always found them very helpful.

Good luck

Alan

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Phil. I have just come back from a great site in Brittany about half way between Roscof and La rochelle. The site is called Le Moustoir and is at a place called Carnac. It has a lovely swimming pool and all the facilities. It is not on the beach but onlyabout 5Ks away. You can find more info at info@lemoustoir.com We used camping cheques to pay for the site and they were a big saving. Nigel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can support the review of La Moustoir in Carnac, Brittany. However I have just returned from 2 weeks at Camping La Yole just outside of St Jean de Monts in the Vendee. The site is ideal for children and there are excellent beaches just 2 kms away. The area is apparently know as the kid's playground. Superb area.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I want to endorse clubman. We have stayed at La Yole for the last 2 years a beautifull site but for how much longer? Since last year they had replaced several touring pitches with static vans & more statics were arriving whilst we were there in June this year.

The site is making more money from Key camp & Euro camp so I recon this site will soon be lost to us tourers.

Graham W.

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
We went to La Yole this year for our first trip abroad with the caravan. Was a really good site - reasonably quiet for our first week which was the last week in July, but getting busier for the second. Lovely beaches just a short driva away, nice pool complex with an indoor as well as two outdorr pools and a waterslide. Clean and tidy site.

Just a tip - take a long waste hose as all the pitches are fully serviced to avoid emptying the waste hog. If you have a tap connection kit for the water as well you will only need to move to empty the cassette toilet.

Mike

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
We went to La Yole this year for our first trip abroad with the caravan. Was a really good site - reasonably quiet for our first week which was the last week in July, but getting busier for the second. Lovely beaches just a short driva away, nice pool complex with an indoor as well as two outdorr pools and a waterslide. Clean and tidy site.

Just a tip - take a long waste hose as all the pitches are fully serviced to avoid emptying the waste hog. If you have a tap connection kit for the water as well you will only need to move to empty the cassette toilet.

Mike

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts