Carnauba Wax

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just been reading an article on waterless washing, and one comment made was that there is no Carnauba wax in it as several manufacturers advise against it.

I thought this wax was a good product but difficult to apply, have I been mislead.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I use something similar on my car can't see what harm it would do to a caravan, let us know how you get on than I might have a go,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Washing, polishing and waxing are completely different processes which achieve separate aims.
Washing, usually with an automotive shampoo, removes grit and dirt.
Some automotive detergents are water repellent when dried.
Polish removes grime from paintwork using very fine abrasives in the polish.
Any automotive polish will brighten paintwork and leave a good shine.
Waxing is a final stage in the cleaning process.
A good quality automotive wax will seal paintwork to preserve the shine and to protect the paintwork.
After washing and if necessary polishing two or three applications of automotive wax per year will render further polishing unnecessary, washing will restore the shine.
Carnauba wax is said to be the best and longest lasting automotive wax but it can be difficult to apply in cold weather and doesn't give good results if applied in warm sunlight.
Other automotive sealants such as Auto Glym protect the paintwork using polymers instead of wax.
Polymer sealants are less expensive, easier to apply but have to be applied more often.
Good intermediate products for use between wax applications are automotive glazes, easy to apply and with superb end results. I use Pre Amigo glaze, difficult to get hold of in the UK but well worth the effort.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Bailey hand books say or used to say no Carnauba wax but this now does not apply apparently-ignore it-if you want a great shine it's superb! But expensive. I now use Autoglym super resin polish to get the initial shine-it is a cleaning polish-very mildly abrasive so gets rid of nasty marks, followed by Carplan number one topgloss-repeated every 3mnths or so. Don't overuse the autoglym on stickers!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think Parksy should be giving , hands on, car cleaning and waxing demonstrations, for glasses/tumblers of red wine. 😃 maybe at the Spring Woosie , meet up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think Parksy should be giving , hands on, car cleaning and waxing demonstrations, for glasses/tumblers of red wine. 😃 maybe at the Spring Woosie , meet up.
Much as I'd love to, I'd hate to risk overloading the caravan with the washing hose, buckets orbital polisher and cleaning products.
I'm happy to provide written instructions though 🤓

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I used Meguirs 3-1 on our previous Lunar. Very hard work. On our 2018 caravan we have had ti done by Paintseal and the dirt runs off in a good rainstorm. :D

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
hi can you use waterless polish on a paintseal van cheers .tom
Why would you want to use a waterless polish as all polishes are waterless unless you are referring to shampoo. We have not used any shampoo on our caravan as the streaks simply wash off or a mild rub with a solution supplied as part of the job does the job. To us it was well worth paying the extra for the Paintseal coating.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
hi it will save me carring a bucket of water in the car to my van which is in storeg cheers .tom
Whatever you do, do NOT use any sort of polish on a caravan that has been done using Paintseal. Autogylm shampoo is fine. I would not use any waterless product on our caravan Paintseal or not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts