Carver Cascade GE-water escaping from the bottom right-hand side of the water heater, I think this is some sort of relive valve with a ball bearing.

Jun 5, 2021
Visit site
I am seeking some information about an issue I have with a Carver Cascade GE fitted to my 1995 Lunar caravan.
On a trip last week, I had water escaping from the bottom right-hand side of the water heater unit. I think this opening is some sort of relieve valve with a ball bearing, as I found a ball bearing on the floor of the caravan behind the heater later that day. Is this easily repairable?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Garham,
The ball bearing was used as a permanent seal for a cross drilling in the main casting. It would depend on what has caused the ball to release as to whether the heater is repairable or not. The heater is of course at least 25years old now, and may have reached its end of life.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi peps, if the sealing ball bearing has indeed come loose/out then it'll be a first, I've not seen one other than looking like it had just been pressed in!
Never say never though?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi peps, if the sealing ball bearing has indeed come loose/out then it'll be a first, I've not seen one other than looking like it had just been pressed in!
Never say never though?
Blimey Gary nice to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well as not seen you for several years. Last time was at Newark with the Tenting and Touring forum rally .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Newark! new year rallies?! That is a long while ago, but yes we're fine despite the intervening years and of course the current troubles we all labour under, I hope then same goes for you and yours my friend....
...whoever 'Buckman' is?? 😁

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Newark! new year rallies?! That is a long while ago, but yes we're fine despite the intervening years and of course the current troubles we all labour under, I hope then same goes for you and yours my friend....
...whoever 'Buckman' is?? 😁
At the time we had a Lunar TI and had issues with cold air blowing into the caravan and you sorted out the issue. I remember that the road around the site iced over and it was great fun towing a sliding caravan to the pitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts