Carver Fanmaster Control Panel

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I replaced a badly burned fuse block in my Sterling Excel tourer during the replacement I inadvertantly reversed the polarity very breifly to the control panel and am now unable to get the blown air heating to come on the lights on the control panel are constantly flashing, is this a sign that I have burned the CP out?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

Sadly I think its likely you have damaged both the control panel and possibly the control circuit in the Fanmaster unit on the back of the heater.

I believe Paul from Appuljack or Gary from Arcsystems may be able to offer more advice and possible repairs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes instant damage is done due to the over rated fuses commonly used in caravans, this means the track on the switches printed circuit board, (being weaker than the fitted fuse), becomes the fuse and burns out.
Carver rated the fanmaster 12v circuit at 5amps, while infact it runs happily on my 1amp fused test lead, I therefore always recommend independently fusing the Fanmaster at 2amps to prevent this type damage.

Sadly if you have automatic electronic ignition on the carver gas fire and presumably on the same circuit?, it will have had that as well and also now in need of repair!

PS I can of course repair your switch/ignition module

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for the reply's Gary the gas supply to the fire was disconnected before I bought the van so at least that will not be a concern to me! Can you please give me a price to repair the control panel.

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
never quote prices on forums but safe to say...not a lot!

Please ring me then for details 07901 544431

ps, sorry for being slow replying!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts