Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have recently purchased a 1999 Swift duoette van with a 2000 (model number) carver heater.This works perfectly ok on the gas system,but very erraticly on the electric system.Sometimes the LED lighits come on, but not always, sometimes the fan works,sometimes not.Sometimes the heater will not work at all.Has anybody got any ideas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, Your description point to a fault with the DC supply or the slide switch itself. suggest that you remove the cover and check the connections to the switch. It should be relatively simple to check the DC supply through the switch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With this problem it is 99% certain the switch is faulty.

The solution used to be a new switch but unless a dealer has old stock you will be out of luck!. www.arcsystems.biz will supply a serviced exchange switch if you cannot find a new one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it a fanmaster system Dave?, if so the problem could be either the control switch or the PCB positioned behind the heater, I had to renew the PCB as my fan would only blow cold air, the new PCB i fitted was a modified version of the origonal and easy to install----if you give trauma a call they will assist you and possible tell you the problem----It was Carver when I called and they told me it was my PCB and they were right---maybe arc systems can help also

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave if it is the switch new pcbs for the slider are available from Miriad products in Burton-upon-Trent. Very easy to change the pcb over 5 minute job and as they are new also carry warranty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts