carver hot water system

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
hi all,
got the van home sunday and have been playing with the hot tap finally worked out how to get it going on electric only thing is water comes out great in the shower room but not 2ft away in the kitchen it comes out very slow then stops water is hot there too
under the van by the carver unit is a pipe with a push pull on it no idea what its for but conected to cold pipe,
was also leaking but seems to have stopped now,
any advice be great many thanks mark.

Elddis cyclone EX2000 1999

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark

If water comes out of the shower in a good quantity, then that proves the pump and the heater are working correctly.

Your description of a dribble of hot water that stops from the kitchen tap, leads me to suspect your pump is controlled by small micro switches in each tap, and its the switch in the kitchen hot tap that has stopped working. First check the wiring from the switch under the counter top is properly connected, other wise the switch is faulty. These can usually be replaced.

The "Push Pull" makes no sense to me, but it has nothing to do with water system.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Check the filters on the end of the tap, at the outlet nozzle, they unscrew and can be very easily blocked. I ended up removing all but one filter.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Markm1967 said:
hi all,
got the van home sunday and have been playing with the hot tap finally worked out how to get it going on electric only thing is water comes out great in the shower room but not 2ft away in the kitchen it comes out very slow then stops water is hot there too
under the van by the carver unit is a pipe with a push pull on it no idea what its for but conected to cold pipe,

Welcome to the Forum.

..................I would first check the sink hot tap operation by dismantling and visually checking to see if the tap opens properly.
I had to replace my combined sink tap at about the same age as yours as the taps failed.
The push pull (as you call it) situated under your caravan, is a drain plug.
The water system can be drained down removing the plug in the protruding pipework and turning on an internal tap to allow air to enter the system.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Markm1967 said:
thanks for the help :)
does anyone have a pic or diagram on how to change the micro switch or is it new tap time?
Sorry the link wont work so here's the text.
Turn the tap to the OFF position.
You require access to the underside of the tap (as shown in diagram), so.....
1. If in washroom, you can usually access this through the vanity unit under the sink - if not follow 2 below.
2. In the kitchen, space is usually tighter, so remove the caps in the four corners of the mounting-plate using a small flat bladed screwdriver or similar & remove the posidrive screws there under. Then gently lift the taps up until the microswitches are accessible.
Take note of which way round the legs are as the microswitches’ legs are offset and the switch needs to be replaced the same way it comes off. If the new microswitch has an additional leg - no matter, just ignore it or cut it off with a pair of side-cutters if it bothers you - either way it will still work!
Gently straighten the legs.
Slide the white plastic collar off the switch down the wires - the switch should just drop off the 2 retaining lugs.
Remove the 2 mini spade-connectors off the switch legs.
Refit the mini spade connectors onto the new switch (it doesn’t matter which one goes on which leg, so long as you use the correct legs if there's three!).
Offer the microswitch up to the retaining lugs (observing that it must be the same way round as the old one).
Slide the collar back over the switch to hold it in position.
Gently bend the legs down 90 degrees.
If tap was removed then refit with screws & caps.
There - you've done it all by yourself!
Also see this video https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=hp-avast&p=you+tube+tap+micro+switch+change#id=5&vid=a0fea8c44aff2bbf2d825ce44f858558&action=click

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
The "Push Pull" makes no sense to me, but it has nothing to do with water system.
Probably the plugs in the bottom ends of the water system drain-down pipes.

OP did not say what type of taps. Generally, you need to disconnect the electrical and water connections underneath, then unscrew the unit from its work surface and lift it out. My Whale tap unit has rectangular clips that slide off and then the microswitches drop off. Trivial, not worth a diagram. The hard part is reaching under the sink, and maybe even harder is sourcing the replacement switches.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Markm1967 said:
thanks for the help :)
does anyone have a pic or diagram on how to change the micro switch or is it new tap time?

No! Certainly no need for a new tap. Just change the switch (if needed - you might just find a connection has come undone) To see how to do it Google Youtube and put in the search box "Changing a micro switch on caravan tap." Amongst the suggestions you'll find Practical Caravans video by John Wickersham.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Check the filters on the end of the tap, at the outlet nozzle, they unscrew and can be very easily blocked. I ended up removing all but one filter.

To be fair Hutch, the filters would not explain the reported symptoms.

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Right big thank you to all who have helped me only been on this forum less then 24 hours and already have job one sorted :)
removed tap remover micro switch(connections had gone green) joined both wires together all working as it should,so new switches on order, may as well do both taps job done. B)

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Markm1967 said:
hi all,

Just an update on the kitchen tap issue hope this helps others
All sorted now it was the micro switch £7.70 for two, replaced the hot water is coming out lovely now,
Big thank you to all who helped

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts