Carver stc 3600 fire

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should never be able smell gas coming into a heater it is room sealed. If you can smell gas you should turn the gas off, and not attempt to use the appliance until it has been checked by a competent person.

If you are in the UK then surely should not be using the caravan?

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Does the gas even work, i had a regulator fail which would stop it working

Try the gas hob and see if that works, if anything to rule the regulator out.

Apr 2, 2007
Visit site
You should never be able smell gas coming into a heater it is room sealed. If you can smell gas you should turn the gas off, and not attempt to use the appliance until it has been checked by a competent person.

If you are in the UK then surely should not be using the caravan?
I'm not using my caravan its in my drive, I want to make sure it's safe in the event I need to move into it as I'm a key worker

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok I understand.

My first comment still stands, You should not smell gas, and if you do then that definitely needs to be checked out.

failure to ignite can be caused by a number of things, several of which have already been mentioned. I agree with Damian, you need to speak to someone to try and narrow down the possibilities. Trying to resolve it on a forum wil become quite tedious as there will be questions than need answers, which draws the diagnosis out.

Good luck

Reactions: senga_374296042
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you got gas to the cooker? If yes does the heater have battery ignition? (If you just push the control knob down to ignite it has.) if yes try new batteries. Go on truma website to see how to do it. If it’s manual ignition can you see it sparking, through the little window. If you can’t then the cable may be shorting out. This happens sometimes when the ignition cable rubs on the fire grill. To crack this one you need help. Come back on here if you get this far.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you got gas to the cooker? If yes does the heater have battery ignition? (If you just push the control knob down to ignite it has.) if yes try new batteries. Go on truma website to see how to do it. If it’s manual ignition can you see it sparking, through the little window. If you can’t then the cable may be shorting out. This happens sometimes when the ignition cable rubs on the fire grill. To crack this one you need help. Come back on here if you get this far.

There is no point going to the Truma website for instructions about anything to do with this heater, it is a Carver, and as said before, Gary is the very best person to talk to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts