Carver twin axle mover - control board upgrade?

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have just bought a second hand Carver Euro mover tandem twin mover (2003), I was thinking about upgrading the control box with a modern soft start option.

I can source a brand new purpleline enduro2 twin axle control box and remote, is it ok to pair this with the Carver motors?

If this is ok, what do I do with the extra signal wires used on the Carver Euro mover tandem twin mover motors?

Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jim,

I doubt that anyone else has tried interchanging control systems between different models yet alone makes of movers so I suspect your out on your own here.

One of the reasons that movers for TA caravans took some time to be developed was the complexity of how to control the motors when turning the caravan. As you probably already know it need far more effort to turn a TA compared to an SA, so the mover systems have had to be cleverer.

Its possible that some mover manufacturers may have had the windings in the motors reworked is some special or unique way, or there may be additional control circuits inside the motors used by some manufacturers to produce soft starts or higher torque.

I would be wary about trying to mix and match components from different manufacturers, as you are quite likely to damage either the controller if not the motors or both.

It's your call.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts