carver water heater

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
just bought a caravan for the first time. i have a carver water heater that doesn't provide hot water. ie for showering etc. Shower runs ok. any ideas please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tich

I know your wrong. The Carver can be used for showering, so I suspect you haven't understood how to use it.

It is a9lt storage water heater, not instantaneous so you turn it on and have to wait 20 to 25 mins before the tank has enough hot water to take a shower.

You will find a PDF of the operating instructions for the heater here:-

Now the not so good news, the heater will be at least 21 years old, and it is likely to be in need of some TLC. Being a gas appliance this something not be done unless you are bone fide LPG gas fitter.

Have a word with Gary at Arcsystems, as he is well versed with these venerable units.

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello Tich

I know your wrong. The Carver can be used for showering, so I suspect you haven't understood how to use it.

It is a9lt storage water heater, not instantaneous so you turn it on and have to wait 20 to 25 mins before the tank has enough hot water to take a shower.

You will find a PDF of the operating instructions for the heater here:-

Now the not so good news, the heater will be at least 21 years old, and it is likely to be in need of some TLC. Being a gas appliance this something not be done unless you are bone fide LPG gas fitter.

Have a word with Gary at Arcsystems, as he is well versed with these venerable units.
thanks very much for your info, but i had a quick look and don't believe mine is run or connected to gas. the only switches on the front panel are 2 electric ones. when turning them both on the top one has 3 lights the green one on left lights up first and the second one is red , perhaps i have to leave it on for longer to see the second one go green before using. I will try to download the manual and check . once again , THANKS.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum
I think it would be very helpful if we knew the make and year of your caravan also a picture of the control panel you mentioned
Gra

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum
I think it would be very helpful if we knew the make and year of your caravan also a picture of the control panel you mentioned
Gra
Compass advantage 1995. will send photos later . thanks. i have now foolishly realized that of course it has a gas feed and when trying it probably didn't have the gas turned on. what an idiot I am but to be fair , this is all very new to me.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Compass advantage 1995. will send photos later . thanks. i have now foolishly realized that of course it has a gas feed and when trying it probably didn't have the gas turned on. what an idiot I am but to be fair , this is all very new to me.
Don't worry to much, it is a learning curve, lets hope you get hot water. If there is an outside air inlet cover you might have to remove it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It sho
On a 1995 caravan it should also work on electric in addition to gas. When last was the caravan serviced. If more than a year ago it is strongly recommended that for the safety of your family and yourself you have it serviced by a mobile caravan technician.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts