Cascade rapide water heater not heating

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try resetting the thermal trip located under a small flap on the white electrics cover on the inboard end of the water tank, it is a red button.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Has the heater been switched on without any water in the tank? If so, do as Damian has said. Other than that there's a possibility the electric element has seen better days.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
It's a while since I used the Cascade unit, but I seem to remember that there wasn't a positive "click" when it was reset. Have you tried heating the water since you pressed it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the red extension button to press is not directly connected to the thermostat, when working there is a fraction of clearance between it and the stats button and this is not enough movement on pressing to give any 'feel' to it having reset or not!
On the other hand, when it has tripped and the clearance removed, you will feel a very small but nevertheless distinct click as it resets.
For the record, exactly the same applies to the Mk1 fanmaster reset which may well also be installed

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Right i took the cover completely of a seemed to think the orange wire wasn't properly on the spade terminal so I taped it up as it was slack and it heated up within an hour so happy days... Hope that's it!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts