cassete toilet not flushing

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First thing to check is the 3amp fuse in the cassette area, depending on which model toilet you have.

If it is a bench type, the fuse is on th e underside of the operating mechanism and is a round screw fitting.

If it is a pedestal model the fuse should be just on the left as you open the cassette door.

If th efuse is blown then it indicates a problem with the pump, even if it has not blown, but you have power, it is probably the pump or maybe a microswitch, again, depending on model.

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
hi there

i had the same problem on my van checked the fuse and was blown replaced it tested and blown again i checked with my local dealer and he said it was the pump 100% replaced pump problem solved.

if yours is the ame make sure you drain the water out first it makes it a lot easier hope this helps.

cheers ian.

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
hi heather

sounds like the impeller in the pump is stuck,we had the same problem with our old van when its left for some time

i fixed it by twidling the impeller around with a small screwdriver,the hard part is getting to the pump.

on our model you access the pump by removing the inset toilet roll holder then feel around just inside for the pump, its held in place by two screws so you will need small hands and a small screwdriver,once its loose dont pull it too far out of the hole because its still wired up,you will see a black rubber impeller(looks like a propeller)give this a few turns with a screwdriver and then try it hope this is help for you

good luck dave

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi- my loo is a Thetford C200-CWE, and last weekend the flush pump worked, but when I refilled the flush tank with its required the pump ran when flushed but no water came out of the tank.

I beleive that the pump impellor is loose on the motor shaft or a vacuum has been created when I filled the tank..

My question is how do I get access to this pump

Please help

Sheila

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi mrs sheila

try going on this site www.thetford-europe.com then go into customer services and then repair instuctions for your model, i imagine you access it the same way as the manual pump by carefully prising the switch plate off and unscrewing the switch to get inside but there is step by step instuctions on this site ,best fo luck.

davey m

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Davy I managed to gain access to the site of thetford, and find it is has lots of instructions about my cassette flush water holding tank, i tells me to lift our the bezel holding the pump switch but gives no indication of whether this will allow access to the pump. we are going to the van next week so that my hubbie can attempt to see whats under the bezel. That means that because he is left handed he will doing everything twice because he always chooses the wrong way first time.

Anyway thanks for directing us to the site which gives us the info etc.

Regards Sheila and her LH husband Fred

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Davy

I went to my van last week and before I stripped down the pump switch etc., I tried the pump and to my surprise and delight the flush delivered water.

I summise that the flush water which I mix with the pink additive produces some "froth" whilst filling the flush tank,

causes a vacuum which the pump cannot handle. I have drained down the flush tank, then filled it with clean water, and then added the pink additive and now everything works fine.

Thanks for the advices

Regards

Sheila and her Hubby Fred

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Davy

I went to my van last week and before I stripped down the pump switch etc., I tried the pump and to my surprise and delight the flush delivered water.

I summise that the flush water which I mix with the pink additive produces some "froth" whilst filling the flush tank,

causes a vacuum which the pump cannot handle. I have drained down the flush tank, then filled it with clean water, and then added the pink additive and now everything works fine.

Thanks for the advices

Regards

Sheila and her Hubby Fred
I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago , I only partly filled the flush and although the pump sounded as though it was working no water came out , tried draining and starting again but nothing so tried filling the flush to the normal level and all worked fine , had a good read thru the Abbey handbook but couldnt find anything about having to put a full amount in the flush tank .

Regards

Tony

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Heather,

We own a Bessecarr, our toilet would not flush, can you hear the pump trying to work? if not a new Whale pump, if in our case, we found on inspection that we could not actually buy the same Whale Fitting, if yours is the same as ours has a sealed connection,we got round this by purchasing a whale pump compatable and cut off sealed connections and rejoined. Hope this is some help.

Regards Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts