Cassette toilet problems

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the pump that flushes the toilet, as mine has packed up. I have looked in my paper work and it does not say anything.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

As already posted the Thetford website is excellent for troubleshooting and repairs to their toilets. In fact the instructions on the website for changing the pump are the same as the ones sold with the pump if you buy a replacement.

I changed my flush pump a few months back. If you have a bench type toilet the pump is located under the well for storing the toilet roll. The well just pulls out and the pump is located under it held invertically in a bracket secured by one screw. You will be able to identify the pump by the electrical and water pipes leading from it.

Before changing the pump it is worth removing it and poking a small screwdriver through the hole in the base of the pump case as the impeller sometimes gets clogged up with black bits and other gunge from the flush water tank.

Changing the pump, if necessary, is a relatively simple job. It is important to follow the instructions carefully as the correct sequence is important. You really need a crimping tool for the elecrical connections and a hot air gun. The latter is because the pump comes with a "heat-shrink" tube which has to be melted over the electrical connections as they lie in the flush tank. I managed with the wife's hairdryer as my eldest son had just borrowed and destroyed my hot air gun!! H/D worked but a bit slow compared with a HAGun.

NB It is is important to check the electrical connections are sound before melting the heat sink. Although the pump may come with a new bracket mine did as the shape was slightly different you need to retain the original screw.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask again if you need to.

Regards

Tim

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

As already posted the Thetford website is excellent for troubleshooting and repairs to their toilets. In fact the instructions on the website for changing the pump are the same as the ones sold with the pump if you buy a replacement.

I changed my flush pump a few months back. If you have a bench type toilet the pump is located under the well for storing the toilet roll. The well just pulls out and the pump is located under it held invertically in a bracket secured by one screw. You will be able to identify the pump by the electrical and water pipes leading from it.

Before changing the pump it is worth removing it and poking a small screwdriver through the hole in the base of the pump case as the impeller sometimes gets clogged up with black bits and other gunge from the flush water tank.

Changing the pump, if necessary, is a relatively simple job. It is important to follow the instructions carefully as the correct sequence is important. You really need a crimping tool for the elecrical connections and a hot air gun. The latter is because the pump comes with a "heat-shrink" tube which has to be melted over the electrical connections as they lie in the flush tank. I managed with the wife's hairdryer as my eldest son had just borrowed and destroyed my hot air gun!! H/D worked but a bit slow compared with a HAGun.

NB It is is important to check the electrical connections are sound before melting the heat sink. Although the pump may come with a new bracket mine did as the shape was slightly different you need to retain the original screw.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask again if you need to.

Regards

Tim
Thanks for the help on the toilet problem. It is now soughted, as it had slightly siezed.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts