Causewayend School Aberdeen

Oct 29, 2006
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but here goes!

Aberdeen City Council are proposing to close a number of schools in Aberdeen, Causewayend School is one of them. Those of you who have been to Aberdeen have probably driven past the school as its in the city centre next to Mounthooly Roundabout (the big roundabout close to the city centre) We have set up a website with an online petition linked to it, the address is www.sosaberdeen.org

The city council is also proposing to clost the Lynx Ice Arena next to the beach and the Bon-Accord Baths.

Please help our cause, by showing your support for the children and adults of Aberden.

Many thanks

G

If memory serves that is LibDem country. so what do you expect?? Sense and Sanity?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan.

You have my support.

This council has to be the worst we have ever had.

I see they are now cutting number of school crossing patrollers to save money yet they want to build an arty farty gallery at Union Terrace gardens costing millions.

They also want to build cycle lanes which if like the last lot they built will never be used.

The way they are going we will have a ghost town in no time

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Recently Shropshire County Council proposed to close 26 schools. This year in Herefordshire our council proposed to close 20 schools.

I'm not sure about Shropshire but due to public pressure through demonstrations and public marches our council have backed down.

Oct 29, 2006
Visit site
If memory serves that is LibDem country. so what do you expect?? Sense and Sanity?
Its a Lib Dem and SNP coalition council at the moment who took over from a Labour Council last year, although we have the backing from our local Labour MSP and MP.

The Scottish Government, SNP led have proposed to reduce class sizes in P1-P3 from 25 to 18 but Aberdeen City Council are refusing to do it as they are getting no funding to do so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts