CC...is it worth it ?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
trevor123 said:
We was going to Sandringham for Easter for nine night but had a shock at the price over £200, So we booked a C.L for 8 night at £104, £100 better off, Trevor123

We had 10 nights at Sandringham over Xmas and New Year - £224 which is bad enough, the same this year would be over £240!
Sadly, they won't have the pleasure of our company this year!
smiley-frown.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wendy-Norfolk said:
We shall not be using any CC sites in peak season since they've hiked up the fees - £24.00+ a night for two, and we don't use the facilites, is asking a bit much!
smiley-frown.gif

Peak season will only be with the C&CC from now on!
Having just done a price check of Sandringham site for the C&C one and the C&C&C caravan park at sandringham too, and basing it on 9 nights in the high season over XMAS, for 2 people i find that the CC charges £7.60 per person and 9.5 for hook up making it £24.70 a night.
The CCC on the otherhand charges £11.30 per person and £3.55 for hook up per night making it £25.95 a night!!!!!!!!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
JonnyG said:
............The CCC on the otherhand charges £11.30 per person and £3.55 for hook up per night making it £25.95 a night!!!!!!!!!!

I make it £26.15 per night

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
JonnyG said:
Parksy - Moderator said:
JonnyG said:
............The CCC on the otherhand charges £11.30 per person and £3.55 for hook up per night making it £25.95 a night!!!!!!!!!!

I make it £26.15 per night
you best check my CC calculations too. as the vino's not worn off yet...
The CC calculations are correct, does this mean that you were only half ******?
smiley-laughing.gif

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
£41.65 pa for PC magazine pa makes CC membership with magazine not 3 bad. We use travel service and insurance and CL's some times. Main CC sites always an issue due to lack of deposit and the mad booking months in advance fiasco.
The most we have paid for hook up is £3.50, and on a top notch site, and I can't see how CC get away with 9.50 if that is what JonnyG is saying it is now
smiley-frown.gif
And most sites we've used with internet provision offer it for NO CHARGE
smiley-smile.gif
CC please note
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
OmOnWeelz said:
£41.65 pa for PC magazine pa makes CC membership with magazine not 3 bad. We use travel service and insurance and CL's some times. Main CC sites always an issue due to lack of deposit and the mad booking months in advance fiasco.
The most we have paid for hook up is £3.50, and on a top notch site, and I can't see how CC get away with 9.50 if that is what JonnyG is saying it is now
smiley-frown.gif
And most sites we've used with internet provision offer it for NO CHARGE
smiley-smile.gif
CC please note
smiley-wink.gif
The CC and the CCC use slightly different ways to work out their rates, using the sandringham sites as a reference, you can see there is little in it for price for two people and elec hook up. now if you dont have elec hook up, then the CC would be even cheaper than the CCC , £15.20 against £22.60!

Bare in mind having done a quick look at differing sites, in the same general area between the CC and the CCC, it is swings and roundabouts sometimes it favours one than the other club.I only used the Sandringham ones, because that was the site being discussed and inexplicably actually worked out the other way around from what was being stated.
As a rule though the CC charges more for hook up than the CCC, but less for per person, but when added together they seem to be pretty closely matched for a night on site for 2 with elec hook up.....

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
The CC does not charge for 'hook ups', it charges for a 'pitch' which includes most things therefore awnings and hookups are 'free'.
Technicalities! but actually the CC has "economy pitches" that do not come with electricity and are therefore cheaper.
They also have "standard pitches" some with and some without awning space, but with electricity.
They also have" full service pitches" the dearest of pitches because they have the most services.
So electricity is not "free" nor are awning as a look at the economy pitches would show, or non awning standard pitches would show. its just priced accordingly.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
JonnyG said:
Woodlands Camper said:
The CC does not charge for 'hook ups', it charges for a 'pitch' which includes most things therefore awnings and hookups are 'free'.
Technicalities! but actually the CC has "economy pitches" that do not come with electricity and are therefore cheaper.
They also have "standard pitches" some with and some without awning space, but with electricity.
They also have" full service pitches" the dearest of pitches because they have the most services.
So electricity is not "free" nor are awning as a look at the economy pitches would show, or non awning standard pitches would show. its just priced accordingly.
I think you will find that there is no difference in pitch price between awning and non awning, so in fact you are not being charged for its use.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i will be going back to ccc next year the caravan club can not cope with me as theye carnt find a pitch for me any time i try to book[. The ccc have never let me down and i am not a member.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thing I like abt the CC sites is the ample distance between stands. Most comercial sites your at the basic legal requirement and prob not that on some. The cc have now pushed their prices up due to a loss on the site fee revenu and nodoubt the pending increase in Vat and energy. One comercial site I use, mainly for the entertainment for the grandkids, has kept its prices at the 2010 level and has more facilities than the CC site, Hillhead at Brixham. The Comecial Site was also cheaper for the peak months. I will remain a member because one of my favorite sites is West Ayton Nr Scarborough also Rowntree Park at York, just a short walk to the centre and pubs galore. He he!!!!!!!!
Bri

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, thanks for the replies it's good to have a healthy debate.Shame the CC don't read the forum.It seems a lot of you stay with the CC for the insurance, but do you add on the annual £ 40 fee.
Anyway just a little note, recieved a price list for Wild rose in Appelby today ( we stopped going as it was too expensive - voteing with our feet and all that ) and to my suprise the prices have gone down !!
1st week in august, grass pitch, 2 adults 2 kids awning and elec ( their standard set up now ) £23 a night or £144 for the week.
If you don't like the price folks.....just don't go.
Laters

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts