CC Membership & Caravan&Camping Membership

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Every May we go to the CC site at Sandringham, when we were last their this year some one said how good it was in September, left it bit late could not get in on the dates l need.

Recently we have joined the C&CC to give us more options, it paid off the Sandringham C&CC had vacancies for Grass pitch with hook up, we have always had hard standing with the CC, l don't see this as a problem as long has we can pick a relative flat pitch, with being new to the C&CC do the EHU have television points has Sandringham is renowned for a poor signal, l have scoured the info on the C&CC literature but can't find any reference to television points on the EHU bollards.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't think there are any TV points at Sandringham C&CC. We never take a TV, so we have never checked, but I'm pretty sure that there are none. It is a really beautiful site, though, so if you can get by without the telly for a few days, I'm sure you will love your stay there.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
CChrissie yes it does look a great site, the wife and l walked round the perimeter on our way back from Sandringham to CC site.

It may be that because the C&CC site is at the top it would not require a booster system, as JimBob suggests l will give them a ring.

Chrissie what are the grass pitches like with hook up, we have always been used to hard standing with the CC, we have a breathable ground sheet but we usually put the plastic one underneath to stop any dampness coming through, l take it you cannot do this on a grass pitch without lifting it every day.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel, I don't quite know how to describe the pitches, but I will have a go. They are mostly level, the grass is kept short and the underlying soil is quite sandy and well-drained. Some are in the open, others under trees - you will probably be given a choice, although over a bank holiday, choice may be limited. I don't think there is any rule that says you can't put plastic under your breathable groundsheet, but it would rather seem to defeat the object of having it.

I'm afraid TV reception on the site is very poor - we tried a couple of times, but found it not really worth the effort. We have often seen people with elaborate arrays of aerials, so I suppose if you are willing to go to great lengths, you can get a reasonable reception. It just has never been that important to us!

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Chrissie l see your point on the breathable ground sheet, hoping to go 11th of September for a week site has vacacies at the moment.

Thanks for your help

NigelH

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
NigelH

Stopped at CCC Sandringham twice during 2007 (fortnight in the spring and a week in Noveber). Not aware of any TV points and whilst reception was poor I do recall my brother in law ( who is a tv addict ) managing some (life would have been intolerable otherwise.

Found it to be a very pleasant site and whilst generally level is not perfectly flat.

Alun

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for your info, have now decided to go to Scarborough C&CC as we were at the Sandrigham CC earley this year. Alun when we walked the perimeter it looked like it was slightly sloping.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS