cc sites & half term

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am a bit puzzled.

Trying to find a site for October half term (end of Oct) and find it amazing that many of the CC sites close for winter the Friday children and schools break up in England and Wales.

Is there a reason for this? It seems a wasted opportunity to extend the season and put a couple of pounds into the pot.

Just means we go somewhere else I suppose - pity as we quite fancied going to a few we can only get to during this week.

Regards

Pete

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
We know what you mean Peter, we have spent this last week looking around Lincolnshire and bordering counties for a "cheap" few days but so many sites closed ! As we are still in the newbies / learning catagory we dont want to venture to anywhere without a recomendation, but trying to find a site just open to take the kids for a few days away is not easy !! An opportunity missed i think !

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Why not try some of the certified locations? Some can be a bit rustic admittedly but others have shower / toilet blocks and electric hook ups. A bit of careful planning with the computer can bring surprisingly good results at a considerable saving to 'mainstream' site prices.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peter

Me too!!

You either cant get in on cc sight as there full most of the time or they are closing mid sept/early oct.

I have just booked Exmoor house but its further than we wanted to travel really, Im really starting to wonder weather its worth being a member.

Keep trying!

Maddy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peter

Me too!!

You either cant get in on cc sight as there full most of the time or they are closing mid sept/early oct.

I have just booked Exmoor house but its further than we wanted to travel really, Im really starting to wonder weather its worth being a member.

Keep trying!

Maddy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts