CC sites Moreton in Marsh & Warwick

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Already thinking about plans for next summer and looking for some info from you kind people. Me and other half plus two dogs and no grandkids to cater for so not looking for clubhouse,pools etc. Would like somewhere close to an interesting village or town ( easy walking distance and reasonably level walking as other half and hills don't mix) and need to be dog friendly.
The CC sites at Moreton in Marsh and Warwick seem to fit the bill and any reviews I've read seem good, well, mostly, as you always get someone with different needs/tastes/standards from the majority - not necessarily a bad thing but I find you sometimes need to read between the lines when reading reviews.
I know at least a couple of members on here have visited Moreton, the Dustydog and Raywood being two of those. Raywood has already kindly posted some info elsewhere which immediately has prompted a question. Ray mentioned the Moreton pitches lean towards the narrow size, are they ok for pitching an awning?
So, any views, opinions, thoughts comments on the respective sites and towns or even alternative suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance
Rob

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The awning pitches will take an awning without problem but you may be asked to leave the car across the front of the pitch.
We have been to Warwick but it was a long time ago. It an easy walk into the city from there and there is also a supermarket nearby, I think it is Sainsburys. The site is a mix of some nice grass surrounded pitches by the race course and some on a tarmac area which we were not keen on, but if you are taking an awning you would not get one of those.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
You are from the same neck of the woods as me Ray, what route did you use for Moreton in Marsh - M6 then M5 or M6 to M40?

Thanks

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have been a few times to there or Broadway and do check on the traffic if going to that area and if clear use M6, M5 and A44. If there are traffic warnings on that route M42 M40 and A429. Both work and I have no real idea which is best, I think it often depends on traffic levels.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rob
Moreton in Marsh is up to the usual CC standard. Our ta and awning and car have always fitted o the chosen pitch. Some are slightly smaller but there is plenty of room. The dog walk is adequate but not the best .I lost quite a few balls over the fence! It is an easy 5 minute walk to the town centre where there are plenty of good eating and drinking places. Some are dog friendly.What looks like expensive is actually cheaper.
They have a market on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I'm not sure how long you are down for but you may wish to go consider a split break spending a week at Wheathill Caravan Park near Ludlow Shropshire.
A previous Woosiefest choice..
I'm afraid the Summer Isles Midges have remained dormant awaiting my arrival. We are seeing how many pictures we can make joining the red dots on our arms and legs :angry:

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks DD, I'm planning on two weeks but was considering splitting it in two hence the query about Warwick. A couple of other options going through my head also but I'll have a look online at Wheathill.

Thanks
Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts