CC star letter

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
This month the star letter was from some character that tells us that CLs are wonderful, beautiful and very tranquil. He then goes on to say that he takes his brood along so that they can play rounders, cricket, kite flying etc.

Sort of saying to hell with the rest of you as long as we can enjoy ourselves. In addition, if there are any new arrivals with kids, he despatches his kids to the new arrival.

I assume that he caravans around Suffork which is very lucky for some fo us who don't live in that area. We enjoy CLs and we certainly do not inconvenience other people etc as we prefer to keep to ourselves and maybe just greet people in passing. after all yu are in yur caravan to get away from it all.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ian,yes I too read that letter but the points you raise completely passed me by!!It is amazing how one persons perception can be so different from another.I am now torn between the two as there is merit in both observations.The deciding factor must be how much pleasure/nuisance is caused or shared.I have to say that I enjoy the peace and quiet with a bit of childish laughter at times.This means I am really hard to please really.But I already knew that didn't I? That is why we had a caravan of our own in the first place.

We are all trying to DO OUR OWN THING!!!

Thursdays Child

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ian

we all look for different things in our choice of sites and I can understand what you are saying. If you have chosen a CL described as tranquil you wouldn't be too pleased to have that peace disturbed by a game of rounders right near the caravans.

There are plenty of Adult only sites which cater for those of us who like to get away from it all, but we've never had a problem with any of our neighbours on any of the others either. We must be really lucky!

Wendy

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian

we all look for different things in our choice of sites and I can understand what you are saying. If you have chosen a CL described as tranquil you wouldn't be too pleased to have that peace disturbed by a game of rounders right near the caravans.

There are plenty of Adult only sites which cater for those of us who like to get away from it all, but we've never had a problem with any of our neighbours on any of the others either. We must be really lucky!

Wendy
We had most noise and rowdy behaviour from the adults on site, shouting and very loud talking late into the night. Noisy TVs & radios, kicking footballs around near the vans and driving too fast on site. Most kids are little angels compared to that. However we've also been on sites where the kids have run riot and broken or even wrecked stuff in the toilet blocks or the games rooms.

Nearly everyone can get along and live in harmony its always just the odd ones who spoil it for everyone because of their thoughtlessness or just sheer bloody-minded ignorance and selfishness.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The issue was not the kids enjoying themselves but being palmed off on some one else who may have wanted to enjoy the tranquility of the site with their children.

We used to find it annoying on occasions when we had planned a weekend away with the kids and every one else interfered and we hardly saw the kids.

Main point being is that this character does not want any one else to enjoy the tranquility of the CL. Many of you know what it is like to have some one playing cricket not too far from your caravan or to have a kite flying overhead which is actually against the rules of the CC so why it is a star letter I have no idea. If he wants the kids to enjoy themselves why not go to a dedciated site which ahs all thje facilities for the kids?

Although not actually hassling you, you are stressed because you are wondering if the cricket ball is going to hit your caravan or whether the kite is going to come crashing down on the roof of your pride and joy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts