CCC SITE - LA MANAG - JAN 2008

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Were off for the first time to a winter rally at La Manga, Spain. Would really appreciate any comments about the journey, site, location or pit falls. Were going via Reims, Lyon and Montpellier using the CCC over night sites and taking 5 day each way.

Thanks

Wayne

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
We went last year for the first time and will be going again in october I don't think there are any pifalls

5 days is along time to get there if they are only overnight stops

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Wayne

We are going in Oct on the Bilbao route for the first time, all the feedback I have had Re La Manga has been pos. Looking forward to it, may bump into you while there. Oct - March

Regards

Rod G.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
will there be anyone left in the UK? We are leaving in early October and are taking a month to travel down through France staying about 4/5 nights in each region. We are taking a 3 week stint at Vilanova before getting to La Manga and are scheduled to arrive early November. We leave mid February and are taking another month to travel back through a different route and get home in mid March.

We've never done it before either, so hope you all have a good journey and see you there!!

Sian

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Interesting........ We are considering going to the Marbella area late Jan/early Feb next year for two months and (not so far having been mit caravan to Spain) wonder what the best route is at that time of year. There is a lot of high ground twixt Bilbao and Marbella and also I imagine that all-year round sites in the hinterland of Spain are few and far between (oh, and I get seasick at the merest hint of rough seas). On the other hand, it is a long trudge down through France if we go Dover-Calais and probably the ferry+tolls+fuel+site fees won't be far off the Portsmouth-Bilbao fare. Decisions, decisions.......

Anyone with experience of towing to southern Spain in mid-winter? All hints and tips gratefully received.

Keith (M)

PS - we are off to France/Spain Tuesday morning so will not be able to thank anyone who does respond until we return in November.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

We are also off to La Manga at the end of October for the first time. Due to arrive mid November. What are the pitch sizes like? I have a twin axle and wondering whether to take large porch awning or full awning. I would welcome your views.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Keith,

We had a walk around a site at Calahonda between Malaga and Marbella,which didn't look to bad. Quite a few Europeans use it for the winter.Calahonda is quite British with Super sol supermarkets a plenty.

Cabopino is a nice marina close by for lunch etc.

Enjoy yourself

Val & Frank

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
James

most pitches are a good size when you arrive at la manga you park in the car park go in to reception get a map of the pitches and walk round the site and pick you own

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi, We go to La Manga with the CCC rally and have a tag axle motorhome and tow a car, we opted for a pitch overlooking the field and had plenty of room for the 8m van with safari room plus kitchen tent and the car trailer was parked behind the van, water and drainage are on pitch so take the necessary pipe connections. If you arrive after christmas there is not much choice of pitches either with the rally or independent as the camp site gets very full.If you want an idea what the site is like go to www.caravaning.es and there is a web cam which shows the site. I am sure you will have a brilliant time we are going by Bilbao ferry on the 29th October so may see you all there, we have now bought a static van on site we like it so much look out for Angie & Martin Vauxhall Zaffira M5 55 ATS. Have a good winter.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Keith,

We had a walk around a site at Calahonda between Malaga and Marbella,which didn't look to bad. Quite a few Europeans use it for the winter.Calahonda is quite British with Super sol supermarkets a plenty.

Cabopino is a nice marina close by for lunch etc.

Enjoy yourself

Val & Frank
Hi, we went to Cabopino last early Oct. on our way up to La Manga from Portugal and found the area too built up and busy for us the main road is horrendously busy all the time, site was quite nice but dont park down the bottom end under the fir trees as we did, when it rained we were up to our ankles in water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings,

We're off to La Manga at the start of Nov.

Having read the thread, no one has answered Wayne's question.!

What is the journey like to Murcia and can anyone recommend a night halt (somewhere near Madrid) X999SGT. No blue light anymore but still 'plodding' along.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
del and Wayne....Copied from the Bilbao and Onward thread:

There is also a site very close to the A1/E5 about 20 miles north of Madrid called Pica de la Miel at La Cabrera. (5/6 hours drive from Bilbao)

I use the ACSI website for route planning and finding enroute campsites. If you go to their website and click on Spain, then the region you will find the sites listed. Click on La Manga to bring up the site details. Click on "Itinery" and it takes you to a route plan. Then tap Bilbao into the start point (a drop down box will ask you to specify which Bilbao) select E48000 Bilbao, then your route will be calculated. I find it is an excellent backup to take printed copies just in case the sat nav fails.

Acsi website address is: http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/

hope this helps, Mal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
del and Wayne....Copied from the Bilbao and Onward thread:

There is also a site very close to the A1/E5 about 20 miles north of Madrid called Pica de la Miel at La Cabrera. (5/6 hours drive from Bilbao)

I use the ACSI website for route planning and finding enroute campsites. If you go to their website and click on Spain, then the region you will find the sites listed. Click on La Manga to bring up the site details. Click on "Itinery" and it takes you to a route plan. Then tap Bilbao into the start point (a drop down box will ask you to specify which Bilbao) select E48000 Bilbao, then your route will be calculated. I find it is an excellent backup to take printed copies just in case the sat nav fails.

Acsi website address is: http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/

hope this helps, Mal
Thanks Beemer

Del

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We go to La Manga with the CCC rally and have a tag axle motorhome and tow a car, we opted for a pitch overlooking the field and had plenty of room for the 8m van with safari room plus kitchen tent and the car trailer was parked behind the van, water and drainage are on pitch so take the necessary pipe connections. If you arrive after christmas there is not much choice of pitches either with the rally or independent as the camp site gets very full.If you want an idea what the site is like go to www.caravaning.es and there is a web cam which shows the site. I am sure you will have a brilliant time we are going by Bilbao ferry on the 29th October so may see you all there, we have now bought a static van on site we like it so much look out for Angie & Martin Vauxhall Zaffira M5 55 ATS. Have a good winter.
Hi Angela

Have seen the web site and it looks great. Thanks for the info. Will look out for you both in a few months time. We have silver Kia Sedona J100SWE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts