CCC website booking nightmare

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Just spent the last couple of hours pulling my hair out trying to book with the CCC on their web site. Initially trying for a specific site but it came back that accommodation was unavailable. I admit that the booking included the last weekend in August but we were looking in Scotland and its not a BH weekend here, the schools are back and we have never had a problem getting onto a pitch before. Anyway after getting the same result and having to go back to the front page every time we chose to amend either the date or site as the webpage crashed every time we thought that we would give the original site a call. Answered first time with friendly staff who said they had plenty of space for our original request, they even found our enquiry on their system so we are booked in.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I always use the phone to book, I know for sure then that the booking has been made. The C&CC website booking system leaves a lot to be desired :(

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
The 'whole' CCC web site is a disaster, and nothing is straight forward on it, and much of it in 'jargon' rather than plain English. Certainly in my case the unuser friendly site has cost them bookings. I've several times given up in frustration and gone elsewhere.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
The 'whole' CCC web site is a disaster, and nothing is straight forward on it, and much of it in 'jargon' rather than plain English. Certainly in my case the unuser friendly site has cost them bookings. I've several times given up in frustration and gone elsewhere.

I must agree, but I don't find the CC site much better. at the moment it does not show any pricing information .

I have tried using IE 11 and Google chrome, but it makes no difference. In the end I became so frustrated that I e mailed the club and cancelled my membership.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried IE11, Chrome and Firefox but nothing seemed to improve the speed and drop outs from the web site. I sent a comment to them but I have heard nothing back yet.
It seemed strange to me that the site could tell me what dates I had enquired about but the booking system would not. we even tried to check if it was the size of the caravan (although it is not a long one) and even tried to book a tent pitch but nothing worked. These problems together with the strange pricing policy - we stayed on a site near to someone who had paid more which because they had booked well their pitch well in advance and we booked late on a site that was empty that weekend. Something that the C&CC said would not happen when they brought in the new system of hidden pricing.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have always found the site very slow but always managed. Not tried the new one yet, had been intending to book a site but at last moment found we could not go. The CC site has always proved easier for me and you now have me wondering how my first C&CC booking on the new site will go.
I do not see a problem withy booking on line as you always get an e mail confirming with both clubs.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I don't like the new CCC website, it is slow, hard to navigate and searching for sites is tedious. I booked a site last week, got as far as payment, put my details in and then it stopped. nothing, Have I paid or not? am I booked in or not? But after about 20 minutes I got an email to say that the booking was confirmed. The site needs some serious tweaking.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Been a member for 5 years, in that time have only stayed on two of there sites and one rally,use them as a comparison and always find a cheaper site nearby.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....I have cancelled my membership after 18 years!
IMO they have lost the plot and have forgotten how to look after their members who are also their owners.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Pricing is on the CC web site although you have to click the button to see it. Never had the slightest problem with that site using Chrome.

SteveW77 said:
Gabsgrandad said:

I must agree, but I don't find the CC site much better. at the moment it does not show any pricing information .

I have tried using IE 11 and Google chrome, but it makes no difference. In the end I became so frustrated that I e mailed the club and cancelled my membership.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Had an email from the CC today, agreeing that web site had a fault and the tech boys were fixing it.

Just tried again, working on both IE 11 and Chrome.

To late I'm afraid, I had been thinking for a long time I was wasting my money as I hardly ever use their sites.
I would ditch the other club as well, but need it for RAC arrival.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts