CCC & WINTER SUN IN SPAIN

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
One notices that the CCC have considerably raised their prices for Winter Sun holidays yet at La Manga which is by far the largest and most popular winter site the owners have not raised prices for 3 years. It seems that both the CCC and the CC are sliding prices up by stealth. One wonders if we are paying for the clubs inefficeincies and general "good time" attitude. When one looks niether club has done much belt tighterning.
No wonder lots of Winter Sun campers at La Manga and elsewhere have booked direct, one presumes the CCC attitude to this will be just anther increase to cover the lost revenue. It does seem these clubs are becoming a Goldern Goose, perhaps its time members had them for Xmas lunch and brought stark reality to the table.
Wayne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have no knowledge of the C&CC but reading the Caravan Club Annual Report it seems that several activities provided to members are run at a loss so they have to make sure costs are kept within control. It would be wrong to subsidise one group of members over another. The real test is whether despite price increases you could put your own package together at a cheaper price for what you pay to the C&CC. If you can why are you bothering with the Club?

David

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
You may be right and clearly many have gone solo. The real issue though has been missed. We own both clubs !!!! and so expect value for money but are we sure the clubs are probviding that or as I say are they simply enjoying an easy time when they ought to be loking at every cost. Lots of UK sites could manage with less Wardens if they were managed better or were more efficent in what they do, the same might be said about Head Office staff how do we know, we simply do not.
It really is not about "taking it or leaving it" as you say but ensuring our clubs provide what they should at the lowest/best cost. I renmain unconvinced they even think that way. Clearly they don't even bother monitoring such sites as this whilst caravan manufacturers do as they have to live in the real world.
Wayne

TRENDING THREADS