CCor CCC insurance for abroad.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have used CCC many times for motor and personal insurance for abroad and wonder what sort of "loading" do the insures do.For instant i said i am on ant-imflammority tablets and it went up to £40 extra which is a compleat rip off.So next 4 years said nothing, however i am now on blood pressure pills which makes me ok according to my GP.So wonder what others are charged extra.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert

Margaret and I have a range of conditions which require everyday medication. When you take out Red Pennant you have to speak the the medical person who does an online assessment. I have done this for a few years now and we have never been charged extra and the medical conditions are covered under the policy.

David

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert

We have used Red Pennant over a number of years and as we have a number of ailments we have to speak to their "medical advisers".

I am a Type 2 Diabetic treated by tablets, including blood pressure ones, and Cary has an underactive thyroid, again treated by tablets. We have not been charged any extra by RP.

Beware of not declaring any pre-existing conditions as the insurance company may well use this as a reason to refuse ANY claim if not related to the undeclared condition.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like others I use CC Red Pennant and talk to their medical advisor each year. I have always found them quite understanding although the price has gone up steadily since the introduction of their 122 nights long stay policy. However, part of this is probably due to my increasingly advanced years - there was a step at 70 and i guess there will be another at 75, and also to the general increased costs of all insurance.

I understand that if they were particularly worried about a specific condition they may well continue to offer cover but with this condition and any possible claim resulting as an outcome of it being excluded.

I have had to use the cover twice for non-medical related minor matters and each time have found the service personal and excellent, so I guess it just has to get factored in to the overall budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts