CD ripping mystery

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Bought a set of 3 cds yesterday, played the first cd in the car on the way home, really good.
When we got home i decided to put it on my laptop so i could put in onto my mp3 player.
But the songs ripped onto the laptop bear no relationship to the tracks on the cd!!!!
Its not just my laptop the sons did exactly the same.
The other 2 cds load there tracks onto the laptop as on the cds. Anyone any ideas.

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I stopped buying CD's years ago. Now I buy albums from itunes or similar sites and load them on to my MP3 player. If you really need the tracks on a CD its easy to burn one using itunes or windows media player. The albums are also a lot cheaper and you can preview each track.
Also most CD players these days are able to play MP3 files, so you can burn several albums to one CD. That saves having half your CD collection in the car.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
if that was the case why do 2 out of 3 in the set download to the laptop. the most annoying thing is the cd that wont is the best of the 3.
i suppose i will have to wait for them to become available on Amazon.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The doog said:
if that was the case why do 2 out of 3 in the set download to the laptop. the most annoying thing is the cd that wont is the best of the 3.
i suppose i will have to wait for them to become available on Amazon.
It would be cheaper from i Tunes.
Was the cd bought from a proper outlet such as a supermarket or was it from a car boot or street market? Sometimes the non supermarket or record shop cd's are copy's burned on RW disks.
Does your local library have a copy? Ours only charges £1 per cd per fortnight which is as inexpensive as it gets.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Parksy, they are legit discs bought from Tesco's. Can't buy from itunes hate them with a passion.
Anyway only paid £3 from bargain box so not really bothered. It was just to see if anyone else had had a similar experience.
More important things to worry about just had the screen of death on the laptop, and its time to start worrying about Wolves and Villa.

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi doog if you use media player you can manually enter track listings assuming the cd lists are correct. media player uses details it can find on the internet these are not always correct. I have a cd when ripped the first three tracks are the same and the others in wrong order. however the tracks played correctly as per cd listing. The joys of computers!!!

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I do use media player, anyway a smart*** i work with went into great detail explaining why the tracks are different.
I didn't understand what the hell he was on about i think i'll stay ignorant.

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I've heard that there is a program called something like DVD43 that helps.......... never used it myself......... they should be banned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts