Centre Front Window Problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is difficult to explain but I hope you can follow my problem.

When returning our caravan back to storage after travelling 200 miles I noticed the front centre window was missed shaped.

On close examination the exterior plastic of the double glazed window had been pushed in and was touching the internal glazing panel. This window was very flexible when you applied pressure with your hands. My son compared it to squeezing an empty pop bottle.

My initial thoughts were something must have hit the window when travelling on the motorway but I could not see any marks or cracks. The size of this depression was of similar size to a football.

A day later I returned to the caravan to investigate further. When I check the window the depression had gone and the window and regained its normal profile. However the window does feel very flexible when you press on the plastic compared to the other windows on the van.

The caravan is a 2006 model.

Do I need to be contacting the dealer about this? Can anyone advise what the problem may be?

Thanks

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ross, I've had several vans that when driving you can see the window flexing.Not suprising really as it is made from a faily thin material and is travelling into a 60 mph headwind. I can't say I've had one stay mishaped when I have stopped but I think what you have is pretty normal.

Brian (",)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with brian on this one.

If you consider the cross section of the window, and the thickness of the outer "pane", it is going to be very flexible.

In warm weather, the plastic will expand and lose its rigidity, and if also being hit by a 60mph wind, will depress into a round shape.

When the widow cools, it hardens up and regains its rigidity, "popping" the depression out again.

TRENDING THREADS