Certificate of conformity

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I have bought a caravan from glossop caravans it’s a bailey unicorn Cadiz on the plate at the side of the caravan it has the ec reg number which ends in 05
Example e13*2007/46*1206*05
The number on the ec registration of conformity document is
Example e13*2007/ 46*1206*07
This document was handed over to me when I bought the caravan it also has that number on a sticker in the gas bottle cupboard the 07 no
The vin number and everything windows etc all match I have spoken to the owner who sold it to glossop he could not shed any light on this .
If anyone has the knowledge I would be very grateful to hear an explanation for this .
I have tried to get in touch with bailey and they will not put me through to customer services I have emailed them and still have had no joy they said they would send me a coc but it will be interesting what number it will be when it comes back .
If anyone can help please do

Alan

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Personally I would go off the 05 which is on the plate if that relates to the year of manufacture then something is wrong and I hope you have not paid for a 07, I was caught out in similar circumstanes when I bought a Austin 1300 back in the 80's it was two years older than what it was, it was on BAOR plates and the garage had left them on the car and stuck brit plates over them,

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too sure if the 05 and 07 reflect to an amendment in the document revision of proof of ownership, or Cris registration.
05 would have been the previous owner and 06 would be Glossop Caravans, if they took it as part of the sale of a new purchase.
07 will reflect the fact that you are now the registered owner of this caravan.
This is only an opinion, as I review documentation as part of my employment and any amendments to an original document, must be updated to the next revision.
Regards,

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply the caravan I bought is a 2017 model so I don’t think it is the year of manufacture , the other seems more plausible as I was not aware of the coc being in the folder I was given until I had bought it , I asked glossop for a copy of the coc and they sent me a copy with 08 as the coc but it was only a print and not an original document .
I require this document to register my van in Spain for itv and to keep it in Spain on the red plate you have to have .
Thank you for your help any other knowledge on the subject would be appreciated

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A certificate of conformity relates to caravan not the owner. It's the manufacturer's statement that confirms the caravan was constructed and registered in accordance with relevant standards.

It should agree with the caravans serial number. The manufacture is the only authority who can resolve your issue.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I don't know if Spain has the same regulations as France but here in France the manufacturers CofC is useless for getting the caravan registered. You need a CNIT certificate which is available from Bailey (at a cost of course!). This is regardless of the fact that the CofC says European Certificate of Conformity.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have thought about my previous answer, and whilst I still believe it will ultimately be most likely the manufacturer who can actually resolve it, your seller may also be obliged to help, depending on what you told them when purchasing the caravan.

If you made it clear that your intention was to definitely register the caravan abroad and would need a CoC then if the seller agreed to ensure it was available it should be the one for caravan. If the one they have supplied is not for the caravan, then they have failed to complete that part of your agreed contract, and under the Consumer Rights Act it was not as described, and not fit for purpose.

It all hinges on if you asked for it to be supplied when you agreed to purchase the caravan. Even a verbal request made when agreeing to purchase is still a valid contract term, it's better if it's witnessed or better still if it's written down, but if the CoC, is wrong, then ask your seller to supply the correct one as per your contract.

Part of the problem is that within the UK, no one is usually asked to produce the CoC, so few people know about it or what it's for. I suspect that some dealerships may not fully understand what they're for!.

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I did ask for the coc when I bought the caravan as I already owned a bailey pageant monarch which did not have a coc and we realised we could not have the b p m imported into Spain as it would have to be inspected by professionals who charge an arm and a leg to inspect ,certify , plus it was not worth all the extra expense as the layout no longer suited our needs . On a holiday back through France to uk we chose to part ex for the caravan with the coc we asked for , and thought we had recieved . Also it had the layout we required , at this moment bailey are in the process of providing a coc. But I will have to wait to find out what the outcome of the number difference, if they can explain .
Many thanks for your help and will update when I recieve an explanation

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
What the label by the door says is irrelevant as it has no a legal significance. If you intend to register the caravan abroad, to avoid confusion, you might just as well remove it. What is important is that the detalls on the plate in the front locker and those in the European Certificate of Conformity match.
Yes, the last figure *05 or *07 simply refers to the amendment according to which the caravan was type approved. It has nothing to do with year of manufacture or ownership.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts