Change of Car

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having ordered an Ace Jubilee Envoy (max 1300kg.) I would like to change the towcar. I have at present a Daihatsu Fourtrack 2.8TDI and would like to stick to a 4x4 (no nasty comments please). I cannot afford a new vehicle as well so any suggestions for second hand one and any pitfalls to watch out for - I had thought of a 2.2 diesel Nissan X Trail. I would like a 5 door vehicle now for the added convenience. Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Caravan Club mag landed today colin and has favorable right up on used X Trails. Reliabilty looks very good but they prefered the 2.5 petrol. Article says the Nissans were towing quite heavy vans compared to the KIA's in the article.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
As a any regular reader will know I am a fan of Jap imports - get yourself a Pajero, Surf or Bighorn - any of them bought wisely will tow an Envoy effortlessly, reasonably economically and with auto and cruise control as well if you want it. Reliability is not an issue with any of the above as long as you avoid the Iszu 3.0 engine and you would get a top condition low miler for probably half the cost of a late model X trail.

The X Trail is highly regarded and I,m not knocking it but I do speak with considerable experience of the Paj and Bighorn.

And before anybody starts - insurance and parts for these cars are NOT a problem - I know becuase I have owned them!

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Colin,

I`m a Kia Sorento fan myself. there should be some decent preowned ones about by now.

Got mine XS in Nov 03 its never put a foot wrong, plus you get climate control, cruise etc in the price.

good luck mate

Tony A.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts