Changing connectors on Reich taps

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help please I am replacing the leaking tap on my old Bailey Magenta [replacement not available] with new Reich Mixer tap. Trouble is I need to replace the connectors with ones with a smaller bore, but do not seem able to loosen the existing connectors. there seems to be a grub screw. but no way of turning it! :dry:

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Just a thought; it is not a push through locking pin as is used on Reich taps, and possibly others, is it?

In this view on this web site, it is the little pin that can be just seen in the white plastic housing, between the red and blue connectors. Put a rag in place so not to lose the pin as you push it out. They are either stainless steel or plastic in my experience.

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/product_37146/reich_twist_mixer_tap_matt_nickel_-_right_hand_90_degree_spout.aspx?aff=122&gclid=cn6phist78ycfrdktaodzpqmrw
With the pin removed the connectors pull out, complete with their "O" seals.

Edit: if it is not a "push through" pin, then it might be a "push back", but things should be obvious when you get to try; my memory playing up!

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for that - especially the tip about cloth catching pin!!! Have to be out of town for a couple of days..will post results when I have the job sorted.

TRENDING THREADS