Channel Tunnel Train access

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of trying the Channel Runnel with our Galaxy/pageant combo taking advantage of Tesco offer. Has anyone had any problem driving on to the train units with a van on. They seemed a bit tight when I took the car a few years ago. I have never had a problem on Ferries because they give you plenty of room.

Thanks

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rob,

Used the channel tunnel a few times with the caravan on the back, no problems driving on to and off the train at all. We have a freelander and a sterling sapphire.

Go for it, Enjoy

May 5, 2005
Visit site
I went for the first time last year and someone kindly posted some pictures of the train that caravans go on.I thought it was the same as the car one and was very worried.We have a Galaxy and an Indiana which is just over 7 meters long and had no trouble and it saved us a lot of time.Using it again in June courtesy of Tescos

G

You will find it is a doddle. You drive on at a very slight angle and follow the other vehicles till you are parked. As the wagons will hold juggernauts, you will find pleanty of room. It is the same at the other end. Drive forward till the side exit and out. You are on the motorway in minutes. Far better than the Ferry.

The only downside is coming back as you will clear UK Customs in France. Miserable bunch of beggars is all I will say. No humour, and do NOT get out of the car until they give you permission. Trying to be helpful and opening the van up, gets lots of disapproval.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have been through the tunnel many times with our Kia Sorento

and Elddis Storm 8 metre caravan and have had no problems at all. I am sure you will find it OK with your outfit.

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rob

Check out the caravan channel website where you will find a video of the whole process from check in to arrival.

Only thing missing is the popping of the first cork.

It really is quite simple and no sick bags.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts