chartres

Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone stayed at 'Les Bords del eure' recently, we stayed here a couple of years ago, and im sorry to say the toilets and showers were filthy,also a lot of itinerants I was wondering if things had improved as we plan to stop around this area on our way to the tarn.We are travelling from Calais.If not can anyone recomend a stop in this area. Thanks, Pat.

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi We stayed at this site on way back from Spain at beginning of July and found it ok facility wise, but obviously may change in high season as other sites do

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Pat. We've stopped off here for the past 2 years, last time being Sunday before last. The toilets & showers were very clean but very dated. There is only 1 proper toilet (the other 2 being French squat toilets) in the gents and a communal toilet. I believe the ladies has 2 toilets. I thought this site was a great site for a stopover.

Watto

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
We have used this site on outward and return trips to Sw France & Spain for the last three years or so. The facilities have always been clean. The very small, dark brown tiles give the toilet block etc a dated appearance but that is all it is - appearance.

There have been some itinerants on-site when we have used it in late Oct but AFAIK there has not been any issues regarding this. We also regularly use the municipal site at Limoges and there tend to be many more intinerants there, but again we have not had any problems. Both sites make excellent stopovers whether heading S or N.

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I recently stayed overnight in village of Illiers Combray which is about twenty miles west of Chartres. Site was called Le Bois Fleuri - lovely swimming pool and large, clean toilet block ( no paper provided) - however it was French electric socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts