Chateau du Gandspette Eperlecques

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at the Chateau du Gandespette in Eperlecques?? We are looking for a caravan park which is no more than 1 hour from Calais as we are planning a trip to a war grave cemetery in Poperinge in Belgium. This place is in a good spot. Would appreciate any comments good or bad.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caroline, my wife and I stayed there in May this year, but only for a one night stopover.

The site is spacious and there is a choice of open and shaded pitches. Children's play area and swimming pool, although we didn't get the chance to use this. Our pitch was a good size, the washblock was modern and clean. There is a restaurant and takeaway on site, but we were disappointed by the food.

Not a glowing report, but others might disagree.

Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caroline

This is one of my favourite campsites and we have stayed there many times. I have a report on my website so if you like check out this link http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/ChateauduGandspette.htm

David

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
caroline,

used the site last july for an overnight on the way to south of France. brilliant pitch and excellent for an overnight stay. booked online and had no trouble. we even stayed again on the way back home although the pitch was not as good as it had become very wet. pool good and restaurant good but only about 2*

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ask for a pitch near the new shower block - there are two distinct areas and the newer pitches are larger and less shady (there's a lot of woodland)and on nice grass. There is a bit of a slope to most pitches, so take levelling blocks. There is a supermarker nearby (head left as you exit the campsite, and cross the main road). There is a boulangerie in the village, and a daily bread delivery. The most disappointing 'facility' I think is the restaurant, and it's a shame because it could be lovely - in one of the older Chateau outbuildings- it just does what I would call 'take-away' type menus, pizza, chips, burgers, etc., and these are not the best I've had. Still the remainder of the site is lovely, and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
caroline,

used the site last july for an overnight on the way to south of France. brilliant pitch and excellent for an overnight stay. booked online and had no trouble. we even stayed again on the way back home although the pitch was not as good as it had become very wet. pool good and restaurant good but only about 2*
I aggre with Gary's ** rating!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts