child/dog friendly sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are a family new to caravaning and due to get our caravan next month. we have 2 young children (aged 2 and 6) and two very well behaved border collie dogs. I am really struggling to find a site that is good for children i.e. with a swimming pool and facilities but that also accepts dogs. They either seem to be very anti dog charging up to £5 per dog with no dog facilities, or do not take dogs in school holidays, or at all.

Can anyone recommend sites anywhere in the uk,(but preferrably wales/cornwall as we are based on south coast) that meets requirements of both children and dogs. thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi try bude meadows ,it is between bude and boscastle it has pool,childrens play area ,it is clean with good facilities ,it is quiet and well run with good sised pitches .You can get them on [www.budemeadows.co.uk. Letus know how you get on PS its 1 mile to the beach at Wide mouth bay which has golden sands and plenty of space

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Linda, we are in virtually the same situation, except we have dogs, but the children have grown up. We tried finding dog friendly sites, commercial ones, and had little succes, so joined the Caravan Club, and almost all their club sites take dogs, and do not charge for them, or awnings.

Its worth the club fee, just in this respect. One site we looked at would have cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Join the Caravan Club as they do not discrminate against dogs. Not many sites have pools etc (some do, Looe in Cornwall being one) but most CC sites are not far from attractions which should keep the kids ammused. Another (good) non-club site with pool facilities is Lincoln Farm Park in Oxfordshire.

Hi, try warren farm, brean, somerset. It's great for kids (my lot loved it)and you don't even have to pay a deposit. They also have dedicated fields especially for dog owners and children. Have a look on their website and see what you think........

Hope this helps, Michelle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Widend caravan site at Berry Pomeroy, Paignton, tel: 01803 550116 (ask for Julie). Very clean quiet site with small clubhouse/bar for quiet drink, outdoor heated swimming pool, immaculate toilet/shower facilities, shop and part time take-away facilities. Central for Torquay and Paignton. Large field for dog walk - you walk as far as you wish. Very reasonable site fees - the brochure does not do the site justice. Although we do not have a dog my wife and I have visited this site each year for quite a few years. We are going there again this Easter with my ex son-in-law and grandchildren. Give it a whirl and see what is on offer. Good luck.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Linda, I can really recommend Home Farm Holiday Park near Burnham-on-Sea. Dedicated dog walks and a dog shower. Outdoor heated pool and excellent facilities for children. It's our favourite site. WWWhomefarmholidaypark.co.uk ENJOY!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi northam farm brean sands is a great famliy site dogs are free and is across road from a nice beach that your dog can run for miles

as a good dog walk on site and as good faclities on site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts