Chrystal Moorea 2006

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Just bought this model.
it is 4 berth but does not have a table.
we can easily buy a table but what to
do about making up a bed!
any ideas?
viv

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dontvrea
Just bought this model.
it is 4 berth but does not have a table.
we can easily buy a table but what to
do about making up a bed!
any ideas?
viv
lly understand your question. Is it a fixed bed at one end and a front end double made up from the two front seats by pulling some slatted pieces from somewhere at the front. ?

Reactions: Vivtom
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
From models for sale from google search the table is substantial. For changing the front dinette into a double bed there are a couple of possibilities - All would utilise the back-rest cushions to infill the space between the front seats.
1. As suggested already there are pull-out slats concealed under the front seat (if U shaped seating) or front chest.
2. The original table collapsed and rested on the 'ledges' along the front parallel seating, but I think more likely:
3. The table collapsed to half height and was used to support the cushions in the middle.
Try a caravan breakers for a suitable replacement table.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
looking at photos on the web as Audio rob has said it is a substantial table.
Cristal Moore table.jpg

This table is the same as our one in our Fleetwood built by Adria, you could try them (Adria) for a replacement, but check the sizes.
There will prob be no slats to pull out as the table does indeed fold down to make the base of the bed. If you look closely at he leg you will make out the mechanism that folds it down.
By the way its heavy!!!

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied.several possibilities here.one more issue.the hand book is missing.does anyone know the correct tyre pressure.thanks.viv

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
The model of the Chrystal is a
450 moorea TF

Hope this helps to identify the model

Viv
Ps.new to this forum.greatly impressed by the help given.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If there are no slats the table would sit across the gap between the front seats on the lower section. I would check the distance between the seats across to the raised sections and that is the maximum width for the table. I would hope that tales for other models will it . It does need to be wider than distance from the lower edge at one side to the higher one at the other or it might fall through.
Yours is a rare model so finding the exact model original table will be difficult.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks.we may screw on two battens and use webbed slats for the bed and buy a
camping table. For the table.then continue the search! I did see an almost identical Hobby
table for sale but it had been sold.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
View attachment 671

This table is the same as our one in our Fleetwood built by Adria, you could try them (Adria) for a replacement, but check the sizes.
There will prob be no slats to pull out as the table does indeed fold down to make the base of the bed. If you look closely at he leg you will make out the mechanism that folds it down.
By the way its heavy!!!

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
I am just wondering if it possible to buy the table lifting mechanism or was it special for the moorea van it would not be difficult to fit a suitable top.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
View attachment 671

By the way its heavy!!!
O

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks

Will now check measurements and start the search! Much appreciated.viv
Make sure you check the height of the table when folded, should match the height of the seating box, as when table is folded down it is level with the seat, the table is free standing in the middle space and does not rest on the box's themselves.
If you would like I can do some photo's of mine over the weekend, up and down and give you my table measurements to see if they match yours.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Make sure you check the height of the table when folded, should match the height of the seating box, as when table is folded down it is level with the seat, the table is free standing in the middle space and does not rest on the box's themselves.
If you would like I can do some photo's of mine over the weekend, up and down and give you my table measurements to see if they match yours.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks
Photos are always useful but until I get a table a temporary arrangement will have to do ie two runners and slats or similar.cheers.viv.look forward to seeing snaps

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The table in the first photo above is longer than mine, so although the mechanism is the same principle it would seem the table tops differ.
Mine measures: 91cm long x 80cm wide x 36cm in height folded.
IMG_20200820_192349_2.jpg

IMG_20200820_191804_3.jpg

You will see in the 1st picture it is down and in situ, one thing I hadnt noticed before is that on the sides there is a 35mm gap.
Ive never slept on it!!! I use the fixed bed at the rear!!
Daughter has though and never complained.
Hope this helps.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
The photos are most interesting- especially the variation in tables.the key here is the mechanism for the table.whether it's still available is anyone's guess.however there are other options such the adjustable plinth used on boats.if you hear of anything suitable,pleasemail me.thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts