Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all

I was considering changing my tow-car soon and looking for something a bit bigger, but with good economy. I was looking at the Citroen C5 (2003), 2.2 HDI and wondered if anyone had any views/experience of this as a tow car ?

Grateful for any advice.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi Russell

I have recently bought a C5 2.2 HDI & have an Elddis Mistral GTX which weighs in at about 1460 kg on my first & as yet only trip from london to york it returned 35/37 mpg towing, solo it returns 43/45 mpg its a very comfortable car to drive especialy when using cruise control .the one thing I must say is that acceleration is not sparkling but not a real problem when towing.but that might just be me as my old TD ZX was like the provebal S-- of a shovel. A friend who drives a peugeot2.2 HDI testdrove the C5 & was quite impressed All in all Iam very pleased with the car Hope this is of some help

T D

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi Russell

I have recently bought a C5 2.2 HDI & have an Elddis Mistral GTX which weighs in at about 1460 kg on my first & as yet only trip from london to york it returned 35/37 mpg towing, solo it returns 43/45 mpg its a very comfortable car to drive especialy when using cruise control .the one thing I must say is that acceleration is not sparkling but not a real problem when towing.but that might just be me as my old TD ZX was like the provebal S-- of a shovel. A friend who drives a peugeot2.2 HDI testdrove the C5 & was quite impressed All in all Iam very pleased with the car Hope this is of some help

T D
correction to my last post My van weighs in at 1260KG not 1460 as stated Sorry TD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts