citroen c8 2.0 hdi auto

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
could anybody who tows with the above vehicle please give some feedback. my sister is looking at changing her zafira for the c8 to tow her avondale dart 510/5. i have a few concerns about the low power of this engine being only 110 bhp although the torque is quite reasonable, any infp regarding towing ability fuel consumption and reliability would be appreciated.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
My friend tows with the peugeot version of the same car and says it's underpowered. It also has a very low towing limit. He tows a lightweight Bailey and reckons the car wouldn't take any more.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Thanks craig, i must admit i did think the car was a little low on power at 110 bhp, i changed my ford galaxy 115 bhp tdi as it was a bit underpowered and bought the alhambra 130 tdi which is an absolute gem to tow with so i would think the 2.2 hdi 130 bhp c8 would be a better choice. unfortunately money is an issue and the car they are looking at is an ex-demo and 4 grand cheaper than new so i think they will have to just put up with it. On the towing weight i don't know if the peugeot has a different limit but the c8 has a maximum tow limit of 1850 kgs which is quite reasonable for a car of its size, my alhambra has a 2000 kg limit which does seem to be quite generous, with the avondale 510/5 on the back the c8 is only at around a 73 % match so again its not too bad in that department, i dont think i would chance my twin axle though, lol. any way any body else with any info it would be most helpfull, thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts