Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we are fairly new to caravaning and are looking to book our first CL site. At the risk of making myself look stupid and possibly being shot down in flames, could someone please explain to me what the "battery charging" means. Is it if you don't use electric hookup it is another way to charge your battery. I'm only asking as i am worried that it is something I should be doing even when on hook up.

We are looking for a CL about 1-1 1/2 hours travelling from Sudbury in Suffolk, preferably within walking distance of somwewhere to eat, if it serves alcohol that's an added bonus!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Julie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
julie, Most CL's do not have electric hookup and the site owner is is willing to charge your battery if required during your stay.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
julie

Not wanting to use this forum to advertise look up the 5van.com under suffolk we are at Mildenhall about an hour back wind. my Email is on the webb site, I can send you a detailed map of the last few miles to the site ( saves stress for you me and anyone traveling with you). We are away for June keeping Mick from Norfolk company, well over the water.but the cl is looked after by family should you wish to give us a look.

David from Suffolk

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Julie, around 50% of Caravan Club CLs and a slightly lower % of Caravan & Camping Club CSs have electric hook-ups so it's not difficult even if you chose to use mains electric all the time.

The number of days your battery will last without re-charging depends mainly on your pattern of 12v usage.

Try the CL at Raydon Hall, under Orford, the food and ale at the nearby Kings Arms (or is it Kings Head) is worth the half mile walk.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie,

An hours drive away from you, just outside Cambridge, is Great Chesterford. The CL there is one of the best I have ever stayed on. The village, with not one but two pubs both serving first class food, is a 1o minute walk there but perhaps a 20 minute walk back (depending on how much Abbot you consume). ALl pitches are fully serviced (mains, tap and drainage point) and the garden is beautiful. You can check it out on their own website if you son't believe me. http://www.chesterford.org.uk/caravan-site.htm

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi julie, i dont know how far this is from you.but there is a nice cl within a nice site that has a restaurant with a takeaway facilities.the site is called old-brick-kilns and its about 5 miles from cromer the top of norfolk.the cl looks lovely but you need to book in advance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts