Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I,m new to caravaning and having just purchased an Avondale

480/2, now my problem is that the roof has green alae on it, can any one suggest a good cleaning fluid to remove this horrible sight please.

Richard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard. First of all welcome to a great hobby and hopefully for you and your family many wonderful years of holidays.

As far as the algae is concerned I use hot water with a touch of washing up liquid and plenty of elbow grease. Be careful on the roof - it will not take much weight and with even gentle leaning could buckle the panels. For the edges I use an old soft tooth brush and gently clean around the awning rail, etc. Again do not use too much vigour as you could possibly damage the mastic seals. Good luck and when you have finished cleaning your van you are more than welcome to clean mine.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
i think most will agree,richard,the best on the market is fenwicks caravan cleaner.dilute 1 part in 10 and the green will fall off effortlessly.then rinse with fenwicks bobbydazzler to make it easier to clean next time.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Colin & Craig

Thank you both for your advice, I have now completed the job ( a real bobby dazzler ) one again thank you.

Richard
Just a quick word , Do'nt use washing up liquids to wash your van, it will attack the oils in the sealant.

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
hiyaa richard hope you dont get put of by showing a little t,l,c towards the van,i suffered the same problem mate and found that fenwicks cleaner used near neat in a spray bottle worked just fine,just spray and soak for 2/3 minutes gave a rinse in warm water and finish of with auto glym c,van cleaner polish and you shall be left with a van looking like new[if you carry on a do full van

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts