cleaning a cadac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I have a cadac full system, and when we are away for two weeks without a toilet block I struggle to get it clean, does anybody have any tips. its a shame they dont do a fold up bowl to fit it.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Moth

I have used a plastic sheet called Bake Glide made by Falcon Products Haslingen Rossendale Lancs. They have a web site but do not known the address. I cut the sheet to fit my cadac it lasts for years all you need to do is wipe it down after each use. the cadac keeps clean and only needs a wipe over to remoove the odd splashes.

have fun

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
We bought the cadac cleaner when we ordered our cadac... - don't bother - it's useless!

We pour in our soapy water after washing up and leaving it to soak while we have coffee, then it comes up shining again with no effort!

I think regualr washing is the answer rather than leaving it till the end of the holiday like we used to with our old gas BBQ!!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I agree with Julie, - hot soapy water as soon as you've finished using it, soak it while you eat, then use one of those sponges with a rough side, and it should come up a treat.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mnay thanks for all your replys, I think I need to get the oven cleaner out and get the bottom plate spotless again before I start, we had a two week holiday and cooked on it every day ,now its baked on.

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
Fill the trough up with water before you start cooking, then when the fat runs off the cooking surface, it doesn't stick and burn solid in the trough, saves a lot of scrubbing when cleaning up.

Tankie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts